Blocked Contact Still Has Rejected Message Pictures Save to Gallery

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
This is a weird issue I've been having, and involved T-mobile.
My GS8Active is set to block a contact and does so successfully. But, if this blocked contact sends a Pic it will not appear in messages, as it should not, but a picture is uploaded to my Gallery, much to my surprise some days. Interesting content.
Thinking blocking was missing mms, and the sender using an iPhone, I involved T-mobile and their tech. They say that everything on their end should be blocking sms and mms. Yes, you know I've checked everything, followed all the algorithms. Anybody else experience this and what was the solution?

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Just a suggestion...

Do you have Google Photos installed?

If so, the Blocked Contact might be adding the photos to a 'shared' album.

If you are using Google Photos, or at least have it installed on your phone, my suggestion would be to go into the settings on Google Photos and Block the Contact there.

Additionally I would also suggest that you check your Gmail settings and be sure to Block the Contact in Gmail also.

Lastly, you might also want to consider removing the person from your Google Contacts.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Everything was already done or na except they were in my contacts with the block. Now they're deleted from the account and still on the block list. I'll see how it turns out. Thanks

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Update / Even with the contact deleted, their unwanted mms came through again.
Intetesting is the attached pic. How did the contact get listed as an app(possible cause), and what to do to get rid of it? TIA
0cf1a6a4076f87e041714442d5c3609d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy