Blu G5 isn't recognized in fastboot mode on MacbookPro El Capitan 10.11.6

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When i use adb commands like adb devices it shows the devices is connected and when i run ./adb reboot bootloader the phone reboots into fastboot mode. It say fastboot mode in white at the top left of the screen. When type ./fastboot devices and press enter noting happens and when i type ./fastboot device all i get is "waiting for device". Anyone else using a Blu phone on mac have this issue or does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it. I am a brand new mac user and i know my OS is very outdated. But a macbook pro for $150 i couldn't pass on.

Ive used android studio and sdk manager and manually installed the drivers and still i get the "waiting for devise" message every time.

DimDreams

Oct 17, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I l sure adb commands work on make because i use them i can do ./adb devices and see the device is connected. The i do ./ adb reboot boot loader and put the phone in fastboot mode. The problem is any fastboot command i put it just get a waiting on device response. i upgraded the mac to high sierra this afternoon and will try some more ideas i have. But if anyone can help lead me in the right dirction it would be greatly appreciated

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I l sure adb commands work on make because i use them i can do ./adb devices and see the device is connected. The i do ./ adb reboot boot loader and put the phone in fastboot mode. The problem is any fastboot command i put it just get a waiting on device response. i upgraded the mac to high sierra this afternoon and will try some more ideas i have. But if anyone can help lead me in the right dirction it would be greatly appreciated
Hi, welcome to AC!
Have you tried different port ?
You run command adb fastboot devices and didn't show up ?

DimDreams

Oct 17, 2020
Visit site
yeah I've tried different ports. adb fastboot devices isn't an adb command. So it wouldn't do anything. But when the phone is booted into fastboot mode and then the command directed by fastboot fastboot devices is entered it just says "waiting for any device." Ive looked all over to the web to try and find an answer but i can't find one. mostly the web say that the drivers are not installed properly. But if adb commons like adb devices and what not work they why doest fastboot work? Could it be my phone? The developer options are unlocked and oem unlock and usb debug have been selected. Im running android 9 is there maybe something on the phone itself that i am not doing correctly I'm left to wonder?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d