Bluetooth audio lag

tomlh

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
This has been covered before but I cannot find an answer. Why do some apps have lag when watching (Netflix) and some have no lag (BBC Iplayer)?
I have bought a Sony SRX55 bluetooth speaker, which is fantastic, but when watching movies on Netflix has lipsynch problems. Ok with BS player as I can adjust the lag but it makes Netflix unwatcheable.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
No lag when using just the tablet right? When using bluetooth speakers there is a lag because the sound has to be transmitted over the air to the speakers. The circuity that handles the bluetooth transmission can't keep up with the video. Try casting the video signal to your TV. I do that and see no lag between video and sound. Use the TV speakers not your bluetooth speakers.

tomlh

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
The question is why is there lag on some apps (like Netflix) but not on others? Bluetooth lag is typically 3ms so no big deal. Iplayer has no lag at all.

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I just don't know tomlh. I don't do Netflix because of slow DSL speeds here in the boonies. So I can't test it here. Maybe they have a issue. Have you asked them?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bramhast