Bluetooth Issues

delta#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This is my first post on this informative forum. I know the Samsung Fascinates have had issues with Bluetooth Car Kits or just Bluetooth in general. Apparently the Broadcom stack has broad compatibility issues. I have issues with my older BMW OEM Bluetooth kits - where the phone shows its connected but cannot send and receive calls using the car steering wheel controls. Phone book syncing does not occurs either. This is after multiple attempts at pairing/unpairing, using phone book contacts only etc.

Are there any updates to Bluetooth in the EB01 release? Any information about expanded compatibility with more devices?

Thank you for your time.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This is my first post on this informative forum. I know the Samsung Fascinates have had issues with Bluetooth Car Kits or just Bluetooth in general. Apparently the Broadcom stack has broad compatibility issues. I have issues with my older BMW OEM Bluetooth kits - where the phone shows its connected but cannot send and receive calls using the car steering wheel controls. Phone book syncing does not occurs either. This is after multiple attempts at pairing/unpairing, using phone book contacts only etc.

Are there any updates to Bluetooth in the EB01 release? Any information about expanded compatibility with more devices?

Thank you for your time.

most of the issues w/ the bt have been skipping and popping. what you are talking about is the stereo compatibility. i use a sony bt car stereo and it works, it has since dj05. my remote works all the phone media controls. even if froyo doesnt fix you stereo issue, there is still no reason to stay at stock. a rooted debloated deodexed phone is way smoother than stock.

jtalker1965

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Most likely it's do to the older bluetooth soft wear in the car. I have a head set that will answer call but no voice comands or anything. I have a T-305 Motorola visor mount bluetooth and it's the newer updated bluetooth system and all of the voice comands work.
Fords earlier Sync system will do only the basic. Late 2008 through now pretty much everything works great. Just my .02, JT

ryken229

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I bought a 2011 VW GTI a few months ago and I've been having the exact same problems as the OP. When I flashed DL30 my bluetooth problems disappeared; everything ran smoothly. When I flashed EB01 and upgraded the modem, a new set of bluetooth problems appeared. Apparently whenever I make/receive a call, the bluetooth freezes afterward, forcing me either to turn it off and then back on or even making me reboot the phone. Not sure if the culprit is EB01, superclean 2.2, or the voodoo kernel, I need to do some more testing.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I bought a 2011 VW GTI a few months ago and I've been having the exact same problems as the OP. When I flashed DL30 my bluetooth problems disappeared; everything ran smoothly. When I flashed EB01 and upgraded the modem, a new set of bluetooth problems appeared. Apparently whenever I make/receive a call, the bluetooth freezes afterward, forcing me either to turn it off and then back on or even making me reboot the phone. Not sure if the culprit is EB01, superclean 2.2, or the voodoo kernel, I need to do some more testing.

sounds like a kernel issue. flash a new kernel. try jt's voodoo. if that doesnt work disable lag fix and try adrys non voodoo.

Reactions: ryken229

delta#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your replies.

Honestly, I was not even thinking about Bluetooth stereo connection. I have an older 2006 version of the BMW OEM Bluetooth. I just want the basic phone pairing to the BMW Bluetooth system and make/receive phone calls. Even if it does not sync the phone book I can live with that. But can't get it to consistently pair and stay connected. Sometimes the phone thinks its connected but there seems to be no communication between the car and the phone. The car kit worked with (dare I mention it) a Blackberry Storm 1, Bold etc., just assumed it would work on this newer phone.

Oh, forgot to mention that I am on the stock Fascinate - never rooted. I have the 2.1-update1, Baseband S: i500.04 V.EA28, Kernel 2.6.29 and Build number SCH-I500.EA28.

If using a specific rooted version like DL30 fixes it I might consider rooting the phone cause this is really getting to me now. I was hoping EB01 will fix this.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your replies.

Honestly, I was not even thinking about Bluetooth stereo connection. I have an older 2006 version of the BMW OEM Bluetooth. I just want the basic phone pairing to the BMW Bluetooth system and make/receive phone calls. Even if it does not sync the phone book I can live with that. But can't get it to consistently pair and stay connected. Sometimes the phone thinks its connected but there seems to be no communication between the car and the phone. The car kit worked with (dare I mention it) a Blackberry Storm 1, Bold etc., just assumed it would work on this newer phone.

Oh, forgot to mention that I am on the stock Fascinate - never rooted. I have the 2.1-update1, Baseband S: i500.04 V.EA28, Kernel 2.6.29 and Build number SCH-I500.EA28.

If using a specific rooted version like DL30 fixes it I might consider rooting the phone cause this is really getting to me now. I was hoping EB01 will fix this.

rooting is deffinately the way to go. it may not fix the blue tooth issue, but it will give you much more control over your phone.

oh, do you have an aux port on your car stereo?

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

WOW...I'm not crazy!! This is happening to me as well. I get the one vibrate, then 2 vibrates to indicate a "force close" issue with no force close message, but then my stereo indicates it's still connected, as does the phone, but they won't work. I have to turn both off then back on and re-pair them.

Anyway, I had Voodoo over the weekend but decided to go back to straight EB01...I disabled lag fix, flashed back do DI01, then flashed to EB01 using Adrynalyne's separate modem and then eb01_stock.zip files. I was not having the problem a few days ago (and honestly, I don't know for sure now if it was before or after Voodoo...but I am beginning to suspect Voodoo as being part of the issue overall...even if it's just my lack of using it correctly).

I may try DroidXcon's package installer again to see if I can get the issue resolved.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
UPDATE: Well, I'm very frustrated at this point. Tested out the bluetooth last night after reinstalling everything...it worked fine. This morning, worked fine. Stopped to get gas, proceeded to work and then it went back to the BS of the vibrate and then wouldn't continue playing the podcast I was streaming. Behavior is right back to what it was yesterday where I have to turn everything off and then back on in order to get a good connection again.[/B]

I'm at a loss at this point. And can't begin to tell you how irritated I am about it. I actually got the stereo as a Christmas present with the intent of using it with my cell phone. Couldn't get it installed til last week...and now here I am unable to use it as I intended.

Just one more example of crappy OS support from Samsung and Verizon as far as I'm concerned. It's bad enough Samsung appears to have no OS talent, but then Verizon's insistence on bloating up what could have been a perfectly good OS...well I've about had it.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to resolve this permanently? (other than throwing my phone out the window)

Last edited:

ryken229

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I flashed jt's voodoo kernel over the voodoo kernel that came with superclean (not sure if they're the same or not), and everything worked great for about a day, but then the old issues came back, and even a phone reboot doesn't solve the problem. I'm going to try flashing a non-voodoo kernel, maybe that will solve it. Everything was working perfectly with DL30 and the DJ05 modem, but for some reason the bluetooth seems broken with EB01.

ncarbon

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth

On EB01 I use bluetooth at the gym for an hour, and in my truck and it, the BT seems to be the most reliable yet. On the stock phone, on a call I would have to disconnect and reconnect to fix distortion issues.

FWIW

Ned

anon(71968)

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth issues?

I never tried my bluetooth until after I flashed DL30 and purchased a new bluetooth logitech speaker. Phone says it pairs with speaker, but sound only comes out of phone. My wifes stock fascinate pairs just fine with same speaker.
I flashed back to stock and my phone still would not pair with speaker.

I finally said screw it and loaded Eb01 sc2.3 vodo. Still no bluetooth but phone runs like a deer:) Wish I could get bluetooth going, but for now I will just tether it to the speaker and in my jeep.

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting because I was wondering if different roms/kernels affected my BT. From my experience so far, it has not. I have been looking for something that will give me all of the functions. I have found my rocketfish rf-mab2 bt headset has been the best. I can take calls, change tracks, pause, and play. The only thing that doesn't work is the volume. But I have had consistent performance, among many different earphones and headsets, whether functional or not, while flashing most of the roms/kernels since DL09.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Well...I thought the nuance zip fixed the issue...alas it did not. I was able to make a couple of calls and then it happened again..the force close vibrate.

I'm so fed up and frustrated with this. I have had 2 other people with Androids connect to my stereo and make calls with no issues.

Last edited:

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I never tried my bluetooth until after I flashed DL30 and purchased a new bluetooth logitech speaker. Phone says it pairs with speaker, but sound only comes out of phone. My wifes stock fascinate pairs just fine with same speaker.
I flashed back to stock and my phone still would not pair with speaker.

I finally said screw it and loaded Eb01 sc2.3 vodo. Still no bluetooth but phone runs like a deer:) Wish I could get bluetooth going, but for now I will just tether it to the speaker and in my jeep.

With the bluetooth connected to the speaker, long press on the bluetooth connection. You will see options. Select that and within there see if media has a check mark. If not, check it and you should have a working speaker.

Reactions: djlim4

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I flashed jt's voodoo kernel over the voodoo kernel that came with superclean (not sure if they're the same or not), and everything worked great for about a day, but then the old issues came back, and even a phone reboot doesn't solve the problem. I'm going to try flashing a non-voodoo kernel, maybe that will solve it. Everything was working perfectly with DL30 and the DJ05 modem, but for some reason the bluetooth seems broken with EB01.

As someone who has already gone the route of flashing non-voodoo kernel, I doubt it will fix the issue we are both experiencing. I agree that something just seems broken with bluetooth in EB01. At this point, why on earth am I even surprised. Never again Samsung!!

I am at least encouraged that you had it working with DL30 and the DJ05 modem. The timing on me getting the stereo installed and installing EB01 were the same...within 24 hours. So I never got to see if it worked prior to EB01.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkhihe