Bluetooth not streaming music to s805

snowBBoarder

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a bluetooth snowboarding helmet equipped with Motorola s805 headphones. My old BB Storm 1st gen worked great with them but my new Incredible won't stream the music to the headphones. It will pair and connect to the headphones and the phone will work through the headphones, just not the music. The phone is not rooted and is running 2.2 OS (not sure if it is FROYO or not). The phone is brand new and I would rather not root it and void the warranty. Please HELP! I can't ride without tunes and earbuds aren't the same.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Android 2.2 is indeed froyo. The only thing I can think of is to completely repair your device to your android phone. Go to settings then wireless then bluetooth and completely take out your device and repair it that way.

I find it strange you can pair your device with your android phone because I have the s305 headset and that works fine.

snowBBoarder

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I've tried repairing

I've tried that but to no avail. I've read on HTC forums that the Incredible did not recieve a complete bluetooth stack. Having Bluetooth issues? Details: - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC (Verizon) - Android Forums - HTC Community
These posts were from last year and also stated that froyo 2.2 fixed it. I also have a Jabra Cruiser car speakerphone that works most of the time. I'm still trying out the rest of my bluetooth devices, but it's the end of snow season and I wanna ride and jam! I just bought the thing 5 days ago so I'll be going back to the store to see if they can help.

kenjd

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why, but when I use Google navigation the audio won't come through my Bluetooth either. I find it weird because every crappy cell phone I had in the past Bluetooth worked fine with everything.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've tried that but to no avail. I've read on HTC forums that the Incredible did not recieve a complete bluetooth stack. Having Bluetooth issues? Details: - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC (Verizon) - Android Forums - HTC Community
These posts were from last year and also stated that froyo 2.2 fixed it. I also have a Jabra Cruiser car speakerphone that works most of the time. I'm still trying out the rest of my bluetooth devices, but it's the end of snow season and I wanna ride and jam! I just bought the thing 5 days ago so I'll be going back to the store to see if they can help.

You are correct android 2.2 does offer better bluetooth support.

Might want to give these apps a try:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mwls.btswitchtrial&feature=search_result

https://market.android.com/details?id=at.zweng.HeadsetButtonFix&feature=search_result

I'm sorry I can't help ya much further then that.

goodwrench1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Got this figured out, this was driving me nuts!!!

Settings>>Wireless & Networks>>Bluetooth Settings>>Long Press Motorola S805>>>Options>>>Check Media Box

Let me know! Worked for me!

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I will just thank you for the tip here,still valid after all these years. I just manage to fix my HTC with Android 4.0.3 to Motorola S805 Bluetooth connection by first "Uncheck Media" and then "check Media" again.
My problem was that the Media was checked after initial pairing but media was not streamed.
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23