Bluetooth Trusted Device method not working, what can I do?

lgtomoto

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Bluetooth Trusted Device method not working

I have tried to set up my MXPE's security setting via the Bluetooth method without success. (Has Marshmallow.) However, I am able to send files between the devices (another phone and a desktop computer) so BT works. The phone says it's visible to other devices, but it doesn't see them. They are paired.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth Trusted Device method not working

I have tried to set up my MXPE's security setting via the Bluetooth method without success. (Has Marshmallow.) However, I am able to send files between the devices (another phone and a desktop computer) so BT works. The phone says it's visible to other devices, but it doesn't see them. They are paired.

What are you pairing to use a trusted device?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Pairing with an iMac and a LG41C (phone).

I don't believe these can be used as Trusted Devices since they don't actively maintain a connection.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

lgtomoto

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site

They show up on my MXPE listed as available devices, but are grayed out, so yeah, they are "there" yet not accessible.

lgtomoto

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
So I set it up with my BT-equipped car radio and it works flawlessly, confirming what Ry said. What's odd is that my Mac's Bluetooth is always on to operate the mouse and keyboard and logically you'd think it would work with the phone, but no, it has to be connected to an audio device (radio, TV).

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So I set it up with my BT-equipped car radio and it works flawlessly, confirming what Ry said. What's odd is that my Mac's Bluetooth is always on to operate the mouse and keyboard and logically you'd think it would work with the phone, but no, it has to be connected to an audio device (radio, TV).

It doesn't have to be connected to an audio device to work.

It's just that the Bluetooth connection from the phone to a computer usually isn't always active like the connection between a keyboard/mouse and a computer.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma