Body Glove phone cover for the Merge

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I bought a red "rubberized" plastic case from the Alltel store when I bought the phone and was never very happy with it so I bought a body glove case. I paid less for it online than I did the first one at the store. I found it for $14 on Amazon and so far I am mostly happy with it. It is better than the first one I bought.

Pros: It feels great in my hand. It almost sticks to your fingers and makes dropping the phone from your hands less likely. It comes with a belt clip that doubles as a kick stand if you want to set the phone on its side to watch netflix or you tube. It is solid and has held up to a drop or two already. You can also take the button off that slides into the belt clip and replace it with a flush piece if you decide you would like to put it in your pocket. The belt clip has a button on the top you that you press down to let the phone slide out from it. It works well and holds on to the back of the case until pressed. You can rotate the phone 360 degrees and it holds it vertical or horizontal as to your liking.

Cons: My biggest complaint is that the back part of the case clips onto the battery cover and if you have it in the belt clip on your hip and you bump into anything, everything but the battery door and the case that was attached to fly off and hits the ground. The case is hanging on to the battery door like it is supposed to but HTC didn't design the battery door to hold the weight. I have been going down stairs and it popped off. I bought the case for the belt clip and kick stand feature so this is a big minus. Also it pulls just enough on the battery door of the phone that the charging port doesn't match up perfectly and I have to squeeze on it a bit when I go to charge it to get it to fit. I also have a plug in car charger mount that holds the phone but it is also unusable because the button sticks out and it won't fit.

To sum it up I like the case but I think I'm going to have to remove the button and not use the belt clip. That was one of the biggest reasons I bought the case but it is not worth dropping my phone with the whole back side exposed. I have a few dents in there now from it. Maybe my phone just came with a week battery door cover but this is a heavy phone so I'm not sure it will hold up for any one else.

Last edited:
Reactions: haymond#AC

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I tried to post a link from the Android central store but I can't get it to open. I'm not sure if they have it or not. I guess I will try later.

phalkon30

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Been using this case for a few weeks now. It made the phone significantly heavier, but overall I like it. It doesn't get in the way of the keyboard and has helped with pocket dialing for me.

I agree on the battery cover however. I don't use the clip, but the case pulls the battery cover off on one corner

Sent from my HTC Merge using Tapatalk

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it was from dropping it to much with the clip on but the front cover broke off so I trashed it all. I loved the way it felt so I might buy another one but I really wish I could get an invisishield for it. I don't like the extra bulk but I just dropped my phone and broke the screen and had to get a new one so it is obvious I need to protect it some way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radika786