bolt hot on 4g

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Not always, but it can.

Last night I was having an issue with Go Weather. Their servers were down and it kept trying to update the weather and the constant trying to connect made it get warm. I can run Slacker all day long on 4G tho and it not get warm at all so it just depends.

I was out all day today on 4G, using the TBolt normally(Go Weather servers back up) and it didn't get warm at all.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I would say it's pretty warm(above normal), not too hot, but yes above normal. Last night I got up to 104F, that's kinda hot. Right now I'm at 84F I consider anything in the upper seventies and lower eighties normal.

bclb6

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Well its cooled down to 89 and still going down and I'm using it bow but I was charging it and using it pretty heavily so maybe that's why but its cooling down.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah if I'm charging and using my TBolt at the same time it often heats up. I try not to do too much of that personally. For example, watching a flash video at cnn.com while charging will get it going hot sometimes.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
97 is a bit warm, but normal if you're charging AND using the phone at the same time. I was just in 4G LTE today (my area doesn't have it yet) and I noticed (after a lot of web browsing and speed tests, without charging) the back of the phone (around the battery) was a little warmer than usual. The HTC battery widget indicated it was 95F. Normally, it's more around room temperature (70's) or in the mid to upper eighties at the most when in 3G. It never did go above 95F and cooled back into the upper eighties and lower with less activity. Regardless, I never noticed any performance degradation while using the phone.