bored and wanna flash a rom but scared

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
anyone got a complete step by step perferably a vdeo im obviously not that bright but i am unlocked and rooted i use my phone for business so i need it to work and work well...any help or advice would be greatly apprecated

DB12088

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have to say AKOP has been the best I have tried so far, fast and smooth

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
it's really not very hard you just gotta follow instructions.

any particular words or things you need to do, just ask we'll give ya a simple definition/understanding of what needs to be done etc.

gl

Reactions: SOTK

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
If you're already unlocked and rooted, I'd say the hardest part is already done. Just download the ROM zip, put it on your phone, reboot the phone into recovery, assuming you're using CWM, make a backup, do the wipes (system, cache, delvik) then just flash the ROM. Also, before any of that, use something like Titanium Backup to back up your apps and whatnot, to restore after you flash.

Reactions: dmmarck

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
If you're already unlocked and rooted, I'd say the hardest part is already done. Just download the ROM zip, put it on your phone, reboot the phone into recovery, assuming you're using CWM, make a backup, do the wipes (system, cache, delvik) then just flash the ROM. Also, before any of that, use something like Titanium Backup to back up your apps and whatnot, to restore after you flash.

Don't forget Gapps ;)

Reactions: dmmarck

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Make a backup of your current Rom before flashing that way if something did go wrong you can restore It and try again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2.1.3

Reactions: NotJustAPhone

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat. The more I read and search, the more questions I have. I have a macbook and I never sure if I need to backup to a PC, MAC, or the phone. I started with cyberworrior's great tutorial but had some issues with the backup. When it was done it couldn't find or write to a file. I will re-try and take some notes on the error.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It's really pretty easy. I was nervous at first too, but once I jumped in, I found it was actually pretty painless.

The one thing that did freak me out was this: After flashing AOKP, I tried to reboot my phone, and every time I'd hit power to select that option, the screen would turn off. If I hit power, it'd come right back to recovery, right where I left off. Apparently, I inadvertently disabled the ability to leave the screen I was on. After doing a battery pull, and rebooting into the bootloader, I was fine. Scared the crap out of me, but all was good. From what I understand, it's damn near impossible to brick one of these things, so as long as I could get into recovery, I knew I was fine.

DB12088

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I was new to flashing roms and rooting and the guys on here and the guides made it all easy. Now I am flashing a new rom at least one a week it seems

turninginward

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Flashed my first 2 weeks ago with the help of this forum and haven't looked back 4 rooms new radios and crack flashers check that forum here out everyone will bend over to help you through!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid