Bought a Pixel, but considering other devices! Advice needed!

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
So, I've been using iOS now for the better part of a year, but I really wanted to change back over to Android for the customization ability. I listen to lots of music, brows the web regularly, use Facebook and other social media sights very frequently, and enjoy being able to take nice solid photos as well.

I went to Verizon the other night and ended up with a Google Pixel. The smaller one in 32GB. It's been a solid phone for the few days I've had it, but there are a few things that bother me about it. The fist is no expandable memory and only 32gb. My iPhone was 256gb. The second is the screen size and resolution. Coming from a 7 plus, I'm used to a slightly larger screen. As for the resolution, I can only really tell a difference when watching Netflix or Hulu. Regular internet videos look fine on YouTube and such. Sometimes at certain angles, some colors can look sort of faded too, but that's minimal. I think if I could find the XL in 128gb that might be the best option for me, but they are back ordered until April right now. So, the search continues.

Looking for some advice. Do I return the Pixel for another phone with a larger screen and expandable memory? I like the GS7E, but I know the GS8 is right around the corner. The Moto Z looks cool too especially with all the add-ons and mods, but I know updates can run slow for Moto at times. Also, the V20 looks promising, but still felt cheap and plastic like when I tried it out.

So what do you all think? Stick with the Pixel? Maybe hope that a local VZW store magically gets a Pixel XL? Or should I pick one of the other devices?

Thanks in advance for the help!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It seems like screen size and expandable memory are very important to you. Since that's the case, I would suggests looking for another device that makes you happy. And although the S8 is around the corner, I would not rule out the S7 as it's still a very solid phone. If you can get it at a discount then that will make the device purchase that much sweeter.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The V20 is a very nice phone and not at all cheap, really. If you have a nice case on it then it is a real beast. Great functioning phone. I had one for a little while ND used it heavily for home and work.

Alex_Hong

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I've used the S7 Edge for a long while, and used the Moto Z and V20 for a short while too, but I think Pixel XL 128gb should fit your needs well. Currently i'm using the Pixel. Big screen, QHD display, great camera, and pretty much the smoothes Android phone I've used so far. There's unlimited photos and videos upload which should help. If you don't mind an older phone, the s7 edge is still a solid choice too, but i really wouldn't recommend it at this point. If you're used to fast software updates, you're not going to get that on Samsung, LG, or Motorola.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
there are a few things that bother me about it. The fist is no expandable memory and only 32gb. My iPhone was 256gb. The second is the screen size and resolution.

Expandable memory is definitely a huge consideration me and is for a lot of people. my previous phone (Blackberry Q5) has only 8GB of internal memory and without my 128GB microSD i would have never lasted lol. :D

So now when i buy a new phone i always look to see if it has a Micro SD card slot. Unless its the iPhone with 265GB, there is no reason to be conceded there haha. Tones of space!

I think if I could find the XL in 128gb that might be the best option for me, but they are back ordered until April right now. So, the search continues.

If you really like the design of the Pixel, then i would say wait for it. the XL version has great battery life and the 128GB version will be much roomier for your storage needs. Sometimes the wait is worth it. I waited 4 months to finally purchase my phone and it was well worth it. :)

So i would say, stick with the pixel for now and when you can get the XL. Seems like you will be happier with that :)

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Got lucky this morning when I check the Verizon stock on line. My local corporate store had a Pixel XL! I rushed over and swapped out the Pixel for it. Still only 32GB, but I have found that with the pics all saved to Google, I'm saving quite a bit of space. Also, only having my music stored online is a huge help too.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I looked into it but I refuse to pay that much and get a phone with that much screen real estate and it not be QHD.

Having had several QHD screens from small to big. There is no visual difference with the mate 9. That was one of my biggest worries but after using this phone. It is fantastic and one of the best phones I have ever owned. Unfortunately it won't work on Verizon it's a gsm only phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OSCAR DE BUG