Brand loyalty?!?

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that brand loyalty is something that is as strong as it used to be. There are top many choices now on every carrier to be loyal to one manufacturer or operating system for long. I like Android, but I am already looking forward to the windows 7 phones.

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I am coming over from CrackBerry. I am just waiting for the HTC Incredible on Verizon. Am I loyal to BlackBerry? No. I used them for years because they were the best for my needs. My needs are changing so my phone needs to change as well. I love my Storm2 and will keep it as a back up. I'm just tired of the outdated OS. It's sad when you can pick up any BB device over the last 5 years and it look the same except for the color scheme.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow, this is surprising. Most crackberry lovers that I know are very devoted to their brand.
There are devoted followers for just about every brand out there. Nothing new.

I don't think that brand loyalty is something that is as strong as it used to be.
You should really spend some time on different forum sites. There's blatant brand loyalty all over the place.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Great article. It describes me to a T. If I were just looking for a phone for email, the Blackberry would be it. Unfortunately, the applications available are expensive, suck, and aren't as easy to get as iPhone or Android apps.

RIM doesn't get the idea of flexibility either. They cannot develop a browser that provides a good experience and won't let the user determine what the default browser should be. Opera Mini and Jolt both provide a better experience, but if I want to launch a URL from an email I must use BBs browser. Blah!

Steve in CT

noaim

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
I will be honest.. I used a blackberry of some sort for 2 years during that 2 year period I had 3 different blackberrys I thought I would never leave blackberry.. but they can be such a headache with things not working when there supposed to. So I switched to the nexus one and android and found out just what I was missing with a working phone.. everything on android just seems to work without a hassle which makes it much easier to stay with a phone.

mudpud

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The only reason I had the Storm for the miserable 18 months of my life was b/c Verizon rejected the iPhone and I rejected AT&T. I'm not corporate - none of my friends had BlackBerries or BBM. I'm soooooo much happier on the Incredible and not having to put up with BIS and email limitations of BIS.

itch808

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
<-- Past Blackberry user. I actually paid a small ETF to switch over to Verizon/Droid Incredible. No regrets at all leaving BB. Honestly, I don't see myself ever returning to RIM's archaic OS.

I've gone from:

iPhone 2G -> Blackberry Bold 9000 -> HTC Droid Incredible

Brand loyalty what? :)

mudpud

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Nokia fanboy --> LG Envy --> Storm 9530 --> DROID Incredible. I'm now firmly on the Google boat even though I'm a MacBook Pro user.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I used to have a cheap LG as my phone and various iPods for my music and video. I have been able to get rid of both with the Incredible.