Bricked My Optimus!! Please Help!!

ashishlalani

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I Tried this thread:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...brick-method-some-forms-brick.html#post602790.

Here's the story, I installed the OTA, then went back to V9 firmware. Ok, then I ran the LG update Utility and updated to the latest version. Then I installed the LG Optimus S control center, clicked that I was running no root and LS670ZVC LGUpdate, then I tried to root, I followed the steps and the phone booted normally, but no root. Then I tried z4root and my phone just stopped responding. I shut it down and tried to restart the phone, but I was stuck at the LG Screen. I tried the thread, and when I tried to enter emergency mode, I was not able to get to the Emergency mode screen, but the phone connected to the computer anyway. The process continued update and then said please visit the LGservice center.

Here's what happened (did not paste the whole thing):
18:06:20 : MODEL DLL Event : (100, 84)
18:06:20 : CleanModelDll() : Free Model.dll
18:06:20 : _DetachDLL Call
18:06:20 : _DetachDLL Call End
18:06:20 : FreeLibrary Call
18:06:22 : FreeLibrary Call End
18:06:26 : wParam : 20, lParam = 0
18:06:26 : MODEL DLL Event : (20, 0)
18:06:26 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(20, 0)
18:06:26 : Page_Error ?κ??Դϴ?
18:06:26 : Page_DeepError()- 8
18:06:26 : [011,700,147,062,092]Problem with communication between cell phone and PC\n\n[009,400,102,102,102]To restart from the beginning, disconnect and connect the USB cable and battery, \nthen power on your cell phone and try according to instructions. This will \nnormally complete update.If not, please visit the LG Service Center.
18:06:26 : *********** End of Page_DeepError() *********

Can someone please help me?
Thanks

It says problem with communication with the Cell Phone and PC.
One more thing, it says installing device software and there are 2 unidentified devices that are stuck at Installing Driver software.

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Moved to the Rooting ROMs and hacking sub forum. Questions regarding rooting, ROMs, or hacking should go in this area.

This helps you receive help and keeps the community organized. Thanks in advance for future consideration.

Reactions: ashishlalani

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
At that point you need to disconnect the usb cable, count to 5, replace the battery, plug usb back in, power on and hit restart on the updater. If it wont pick up the phone you have to play with the buttons a lot! Keep trying to get into recovery, pull battery if it hangs on LG screen and try again. Once it goes into recovery you can try to do a factory reset and reboot,may work. If not get into recovery again, then run the KP500 tool to flash the VC cab file (from recovery)

ashishlalani

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
i'm not even getting an LG screen anymore, The only thing I see is Download in progress please do not disconnect if I hold Search when I boot up the phone. Can you please help? Thanks

cordell

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Pull battery count to 5. Replace battery, hold home, volume down, and then mash power, holding it down as well. What happens? If only LG screen, pull battery and try again. Sooner or later, more than likely later recovery will come up. Then run the cab tool, KP500. I would restore V9 before trying VC.

GreenWizard

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
im having the same problem nothing i seem to do will get out of the downloading screen it says download in progress dont disconnect cable yet its not connected to a cable i dont know what to do