Bricked Optimus v help please?

Martin2014

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
So I rooted my OV with the new screens and I forgot. I used gingerbreak to root it. I did a factory reset and I am now stuck in the clockwork mod recovery 3.2.01. I tried xiomara 12518.4 but fails to install. Please help?

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset from the Privacy menu with a custom recovery is bad juju. Nice brick tactic! If your can still get into recovery (Is that one compatible with the V? Where did you get it?), you could try wiping and installing a compatible ROM from this site.

Reactions: Martin2014

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember installing it. And I'm not sure if it's compatible. How do you wipe?
Thanks.

If you in recovery then data reset wipe/ wipe cache/ advance- dalvkic cache wipe/ storage and mounts- format- boot, system, cache, and data then back out and reboot. If that does it then get harmonia 2.08 from the great dev LeslieAnn and flash that. Hope this helps. ... Read those stickies that's what they're there for.:)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Martin2014

Martin2014

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
So I did the wipe and rebooted but it just went back to clockworkmod recovery. I also tried to install a stock rom I downloaded by wiping then going to install from sd card but whenever I try that it says installation aborted.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
So you have recovery? If you have recovery, try wiping everything.
First, put a fresh rom onto your phone. Backside would be a good one.
Go into recovery.
wipe data
wipe cache partition
wipe dalvik
format boot
format system
don't format sdcard!!!
then try installing the rom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members