Broken Recovery

nate22181

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I am using a EVO 3D, in which I rooted and installed clockworkmod. I want to switch over to CleanRom, but am unable to do so with the directions provided, as my phone can not boot into recovery, I have tried flashing the recovery many times, to no avail. The phone will just boot normally when I select recovery in hboot.

And ideas on how to completely wipe my device and install cleanrom?

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I am using a EVO 3D, in which I rooted and installed clockworkmod. I want to switch over to CleanRom, but am unable to do so with the directions provided, as my phone can not boot into recovery, I have tried flashing the recovery many times, to no avail. The phone will just boot normally when I select recovery in hboot.

And ideas on how to completely wipe my device and install cleanrom?

Have you tried pulling the battery before attempting to boot into recovery?

nate22181

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried pulling the battery before attempting to boot into recovery?

Yes, the problem is no matter what I try, I can't boot into recovery, I don't even know if the files are there in the recovery partition, whenever I flash, it only takes 2 seconds to install with fast boot, does not seem right.

Also. More Info:

I'm using hboot 1.5, I used HTCDev method to unlock, then su package to root. I have done several "Successful" updates through rommanager. But still, I can't boot into recovery using hboot, or rommanager. Therefore I can't do any factory reset, or flashing.

So how would I flash this?!

nate22181

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Phone stopped turning on completely for no reason.

Took battery out, replaced it, and can't hboot, nor will phone turn on at all.

When I plug in, red light flashes. But no Boot.

Wonderful....

nate22181

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
The phone doesnt appear to be on at all, if It's plugged into the computer, I will just get the device connected sound, then 10 seconds later hear the disconnected sound, which will just happen over and over.

The last command I ran was the hboot power off command, since then, it has not turned on.

nate22181

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I got into revolutionary, now how would I apply the CleanRom zip? Where should I put it, what option should I use....ect...?

I'd like to start from scratch with CleanRom, obliterating all traces of the old phone.

nate22181

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Phone working again, got Revolutionary installed, and can now successfully boot recovery.

Phew that was a close one, thought I would be taking a sick phone to the sprint store.

Now just to figure out CleanRom

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Revolutionary is the unlocking exploit. When you boot into recovery what does it say? You might still have the stock recovery. Your recovery should say either Clockwork (cwm) or team win recovery project (twrp)

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Place CleanROM at the root of your SD Card. Factory reset wipe Dalvik /cache install zip (CleanROM)
I use twrp, should be the same process.

Reactions: nate22181

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey