Budget Android Phone Advice

BBFunGuy

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

My friend is about to purchase a phone, but is not quite there yet, so you can give advice. Everyone likes advising others.

He is looking for as much as possible from little cash. So far, mostly he is looking at the Moto G, or similar spec Lumia 620. He knows the BB Z10 is available new for ?150-175, but wants a different phone to what I have, so that is out.

Anyone know of a great bargain that he may be missing out on?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Moto g is probably the best, especially when priced on some carriers at $100. Unlocked is around $200 though. You mentioned lumia, I have seen the 925 go for $230 recently, though personally I wouldn't use wp due to their lack of Google first party apps. There are third party app options but I don't want to give out my Google info to another app

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I know 3 people that have the moto g. They all love it. Highly recommended by most reviews too. Plus its customizable with the colored backs.

Posted via my Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi!

My friend is about to purchase a phone, but is not quite there yet, so you can give advice. Everyone likes advising others.

He is looking for as much as possible from little cash. So far, mostly he is looking at the Moto G, or similar spec Lumia 620. He knows the BB Z10 is available new for ?150-175, but wants a different phone to what I have, so that is out.

Anyone know of a great bargain that he may be missing out on?
The Moto G is the current king of the low-end market...there is nothing else out right now that touches it.

Nimal Kumar

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Instead of buying high priced gedgets from samsung , motorola , htc and etc .... i would recommend you to try Alcatel phones ... its a combination of good price for a smartphone , features and performance ...