Bugless Beast analysis, yeah this one's for you too.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Ok so here's the quick rundown on how I'm faring with Bugless Beast.

I've got my Droid overclocked to 800Mhz. I use the profiles support in SetCPU and my Droid's clockspeed goes down to 250MHz in sleep/standby. When its charging the CPU goes up to 950MHz.

The performance on this thing is INSANE at 800MHz. It's also perfectly stable too, I watch the temps and they get no higher than at default clock. I really think TI took the safe route when they were figuring out yields, and Motorola was trying to play it safe as well in choosing the clock.

Probably because it's all so relative, at the time Droid came out it was a behemoth. When Nexus One came out it sorta gave us all pause, but in truth I think this OMAP 3430 has so much untapped power, and that Snapdragon has more of a rival than we all thought.

Anyhow, my battery life is actually improved in this situation. A day of moderate use in this configuration leaves my battery at %50. I can't really quantify how it use to run, but it seemed like a daily charge for my usage habits. My habits haven't changed, in fact I probably used this ROM more than I normally abuse my Droid, and now it's every other day that I need to charge.

When using the 3D gallery, the framerate increase is noticeable. Everything seems more responsive and loading times for apps have gone down dramatically. When loading movies in the act one video player it seems more responsive and quick to scrub through the movie.

Also, when using a home replacement like Slidescreen, the transitional effects, for example when loading the Google Finance app from the screen using it's overlay effect it is smooth and quick.

The drawers seem more smooth, and the CPU is fast enough at this speed to make the translucency effects smooth as well.

What baffles me is how poorly coded the homescreen must be. Even at this high speed swiping left or right on the homescreen there's still a stutter. On the Sense UI on a Hero or Eris you can swipe completely smoothly across your screens, it's all fluid, and that's on hardware that's a full generation behind.

So Droid 2.1 update? Pfft, I could care less. Nothing in that interests me at all.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Yea I don't know if I'm going to go for the 2.1 update. I don't see any real pros from what has been posted yet. I'll prob try it and if it isn't great I'll go back to BB.

digitard#WN

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure we'll see a solid BB based on 2.1 in the near future so I'm not worrying either way.

I installed this last night, and so far I love it. I'm also running @ 800mhz and can see a noticeable performance increase.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm running BB with the 1Ghz Taz kernel at 800Mhz and running TempMonitor for CPU temp monitoring. Not bad, probably will wait for root and custom roms for 2.1.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am running BB 7.4 @ the 950mhz speed. Reall nice mod. This was my first install so it was a learning experience but I like the way the phone is now. I am using Home++ with it with very few issues. I get a FC every once in awhile but livable.

starscream84

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Noob question here, if i rooted with the sholes app. And i also installed droid root pro, which has i believe essentially does the coding for you, would Installing the BB be as simple as downl
oading the file and rebooting in safe mode through Droid root pro and would BB be one of the options to load? For some reason that sounds way to simple?