Button Questions

jm101

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I've asked this somewhere else but it is still bugging me for some reason. Does anyone have a loose power button? It is usable and makes a clicking sound every time I press it so I guess that is good. Also, it seems like I keep pressing (sometimes hard) the side buttons by accident. This is probably a dumb question but will it damage the buttons?

This is the nicest smartphone I have ever owned so I want to make sure not to screw it up. :D

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine is more loose than the volume rocker, but not loose to the point where it makes noise when the phone is moved or shook.

Posted via the Android Central App

jm101

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine is more loose than the volume rocker, but not loose to the point where it makes noise when the phone is moved or shook.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks for your reply! Mine seems to be the same way. If I tap on it I can hear the metal but if I shake the phone I don't seem to hear it.

Also, does it seem easier to press than the volume buttons? I am just hoping that I don't break one of the buttons by accidentally applying too much pressure.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Mine actually make noise when I shake the phone. I just checked. I've only had the phone for almost a week, and it hasn't been dropped.

Just to add, my 2013 moto x does the same thing from day 1, and they never gave me a problem

jm101

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine actually make noise when I shake the phone. I just checked. I've only had the phone for almost a week, and it hasn't been dropped.

Just to add, my 2013 moto x does the same thing from day 1, and they never gave me a problem

Thanks! Guessing it is just design. Kind of like the weird way the USB cable hangs out of the port.

I know most phones are made to be durable but is it possible that you could accidentally press one of the buttons so hard that it breaks or becomes more loose? Has never happened to me but that is what I am afraid of on the Moto X. I still can't get used to the grip.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
These topics come up on every phone release. Nexus 4, Nexus 5... Note 4... Moto X. Buttons of this style are always going to be a little loose and different phones will have a different amount of "play" with each button.

Basically, unless the button is not responding to some of your presses, don't worry about it.

jm101

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
These topics come up on every phone release. Nexus 4, Nexus 5... Note 4... Moto X. Buttons of this style are always going to be a little loose and different phones will have a different amount of "play" with each button.

Basically, unless the button is not responding to some of your presses, don't worry about it.

Thanks! Come to think of it I remember the buttons on my old LG Optimus L9 being loose as well. Thought it was just cheap build quality but I guess that is how all phones are designed.

jm101

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

Now noticing this. Accidentally hit a corner of my Moto X on the table before I went to charge it tonight. :'( Fortunately my case was on. I noticed that the power button (I think) now seems to rattle when I shake it. Hopefully it isn't something inside.

Speaking of, I am currently a Diztronic case from Amazon. Is that a good choice for protecting against small things like accidentally hitting the table with it? :)

jm101

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
My wife uses a Diztronic TPU case for her Nexus 5 and drops it constantly. It's held up very well.

Thanks! It seems to be pretty durable. I was going to go with the Bumper Motorola sells online but opted for the Diztronic because it covered the whole back of the phone and was even a little cheaper.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! It seems to be pretty durable. I was going to go with the Bumper Motorola sells online but opted for the Diztronic because it covered the whole back of the phone and was even a little cheaper.

I went with the CaseMate Gelli Case Motorola sells. It has not arrived yet, but we will see how well it protects when it gets here. I also ordered the Power Support screen protectors. They are the best protectors I've seen to date having used them on my Moto 360 and OG Moto X

jm101

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I went with the CaseMate Gelli Case Motorola sells. It has not arrived yet, but we will see how well it protects when it gets here. I also ordered the Power Support screen protectors. They are the best protectors I've seen to date having used them on my Moto 360 and OG Moto X

I don't have a screen protector on mine. Hopefully I don't regret that later. :) If I am not mistaken my last phone had Gorilla Glass 2 and it held up pretty well without a screen protector. Guessing that Gorilla Glass 3 is even more sturdy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12