• Welcome to the all-new Android Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

Buy S5 or wait s6?

A

AC Question

Hi, I've been thinking about purchasing s5 for some time now and after watching tons of reviews, I like everything about the phone but that flap is something I really really do not like, it seems like a nuisance to open/close your USB port every time you're charging and it seems it brakes off rather easily which is obviously really bad for water resistance certification.. so, what are your experiences? I have no problem waiting a couple of months more for s6 as I like only Samsung devices and I do not like Note series but I'm afraid new galaxy will get too big (~5.5 inch display) ..

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Welcome to AC :)
The Note 4 isn't even out yet. The S6 is a long time away, so I'd suggest either getting the S5 or looking into a different phone

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
If you have a decent phone and don't mind the wait, wait. It should be out in 6 months or so. If not, the s5 is perfectly fine too