buying a used phone

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I need to buy a used good phone. What is the best way to ensure I do not get a bad phone? Is ebay trusted? Craiglist trusted? What are some other ways. I am with ATT and need something like a good lgg2 for my wife. How can I tell if the IMEI number is good and not stolen? Any other info I would need. I never have done this before. Thanks so much

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
If you buy from eBay, the seller feedback (both amount and percentage) is always a good barometer. If someone has sold 100 items, and 99% of the feedback is positive, they're not likely to screw you over.

For stuff like Craiglist, Gumtree (UK where I am - don't know where you are) and the like - if you meet people and buy phones, obviously you don't know who they are. Meet them somewhere busy. And take you SIM card and make sure you insert the card and play about with it a bit before parting with any cash.

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
The only real way to buy a used phone is to meet in person at the carrier store so it can be verified clean by the carrier. A do this before any exchange of money..
Buying from eBay no matter how good the sellers feedback is is a crapshoot.. Some of the trusted stores on eBay sell stolen phones..

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The best place that I use is definitely swappa.com. They check emei # of every phone being put up for sale and you can find some great deals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StudyMantraOverseas