Buzz in recorded audio

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Whenever I record a voice message (WhatsApp, telegram) or even using any recorder software there's a horrible buzz that makes it impossible to understand what I say. It doesn't seem to be a hardware problem, i.e. it occurs with the inbuilt microphone and with headsets and it goes away on safe mode. However, after disabling microphone access to all apps, it still happens on any single app I left enabled. Funny enough, doesn't seem to impair phone calls. Any clues? I thank you for your time and wits

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? If it goes away in Safe Mode, then the next step is to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away. You can get an idea of which apps to try uninstalling by checking the Permissions menu in the system settings, and focus on the apps that have Microphone permission.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You can try reset app preference, go to settings>apps>3 dots upper right corner tap then reset app preference.

Another thing when u tested in safe mode that disabled 3rd party apps so telegram and WhatsApp u wouldn't be able to test.