Bye Blackberry....Hello Inspire

russ.gentry

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. I Just got rid of my Blackberry Torch and picked up an HTC Inspire. So far I'm wondering why I waited so long to make the jump to an Android phone, I love the responsiveness and the huge screen. I'm sure I'll miss some things about the Blackberry, such as battery life, but I'll get used to it in no time I'm sure.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I thought the exact thing when I got my Inspire. Best choice I could have made for a phone. Welcome to AC!

So you went with the Inspire...good for you! I haven't been hanging around the atrix forums as much, so all those early "friendships" where we were all drooling over the atrix, have lagged a little! :-!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC... don't worry your BB will soon be forgotton... just sold my DroidX and using my old BB as a backup. The first minute of using it again and I want to smash the thing against the ground.
Enjoy the forums..

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the group! There are many of us who jumped over from the BB world. There is plenty of info and lots of people who will help make the transition a smooth one!

COrancher

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. I Just got rid of my Blackberry Torch and picked up an HTC Inspire. So far I'm wondering why I waited so long to make the jump to an Android phone, I love the responsiveness and the huge screen. I'm sure I'll miss some things about the Blackberry, such as battery life, but I'll get used to it in no time I'm sure.

This is exactly what I'm about to do, I just picked up a Torch a few days ago but the Inspire/Android OS is tempting me SO much. I just need to know, regarding the battery life, does it last at least a day? I mean I text a good amount during the day, browse the web a little, use some of the social networking apps sporadically throughout the day...will it be able to last a day with that kind of use? What if I put the backlight down to the lowest %, does that help? What about freezing/glitches? I know with BB that's a very notorious issue, but not familiar with Android. Honestly the battery is about the ONLY thing that's holding me back from switching instantly. Any info/advice on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!