Bye Bye P8P numero deux

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Calls aren't coming through to the phone. I can see on the call on the Fi site, but it never reaches the phone. Never experienced this with any other Pixel.
I wiped the phone clean and set it up again, same results. Went through my collection of really bad words again as I was boxing the phone up.
Seems the P8P Gods don't like me. P7P to the rescue.

I can see texts on the site and if I re-boot phone they show up on phone.

Last edited:

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Oh no! That's disappointing!

I understand your frustration!! I'm on the Pixel 8 Pro because my S23 Ultra refuses to consistently ring when I receive calls. I'd get a voicemail from the caller or a text telling me they're going straight to voicemail ... What is going on with these devices lately??!!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Calls aren't coming through to the phone. I can see on the call on the Fi site, but it never reaches the phone. Never experienced this with any other Pixel.
I wiped the phone clean and set it up again, same results. Went through my collection of really bad words again as I was boxing the phone up.
Seems the P8P Gods don't like me. P7P to the rescue.

I can see texts on the site and if I re-boot phone they show up on phone.
That's awful! I hope the third time will be the charm.

Reactions: mustang7757

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
How is it going? I need an update! Lol
P8P is no longer in my possession - it has been returned to the home planet - Best Buy.
I probably won't get another one - in spite of the statement by Bkdodger1.

I try to avoid taking advice from anyone who's favorite baseball team had to move from one coast to the other to have any success...🤣

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
This is happening to me, with my P8P. I was wondering if it had anything to do with wearing my Watch 2, or being somewhere that was scheduled on my calendar? The phone has rung a couple of times with calls, but has not rung with several others ... I just get a notification that I missed a call.
Where do I go on Google to ask them about this??

Reactions: Laura Knotek

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
P8P is no longer in my possession - it has been returned to the home planet - Best Buy.
I probably won't get another one - in spite of the statement by Bkdodger1.

I try to avoid taking advice from anyone who's favorite baseball team had to move from one coast to the other to have any success...🤣

Don't blame you. I've been having reception issues where the phone doesn't ring but then I get a missed call notification. I recall having this issue with the Pixel 6 Pro and the Pixel 8 Pro I have now.

Also find that battery tanks if you're on 5G. The phone barely lasts me a day on 5G. On wifi it seems fine.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Don't blame you. I've been having reception issues where the phone doesn't ring but then I get a missed call notification. I recall having this issue with the Pixel 6 Pro and the Pixel 8 Pro I have now.

Also find that battery tanks if you're on 5G. The phone barely lasts me a day on 5G. On wifi it seems fine.
You have the option to put it on 4g or LTE?