Calendar alarms

amperrymd

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from a Palm Treo 650p. I love the Droid but I'm missing the calendar alarms from the Treo that I depended on to manage my life. On the Treo when an alarm went off, the message about the event automatically displayed on the screen. This doesn't seem to happen on the Droid. Anyone know a way to make it happen.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
While your in your calendar hit the menu key > settings > set alerts & notification > select alert.

This will give you the full page pop up alert your looking for.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks mclarryjr. I'll give it a try.
prometheus - I'm not sure what all that means.

I thought your question was related to the "sound" not the pop up screen. Sorry. I was just explaining that if the sound file is not located in the correct folder then it's hard to assign the tone to the event.

for example, if you created a custom ringtone and it's in your old phone and you want it on your Droid - transfer the tone to your PC and then transfer it from the PC to the Droid and create a folder on the SD card labled "ringtones" and another folder for "notifications" and another one for "alarms" -- that way, when you look for the tone thru the menus, it'll be there and you can assign then to certain events.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andi24