Calendar

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm learning how to set up my X and ran into a problem. I tap the calendar and it opens fine but says it requires me to sync with a callender in accounts. I go to accounts and there's no calendar program for me to sync to. I'm set up with google calendar online so how do I get it to show up in accounts so I can sync it?

Last edited:

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings, accounts, click on your gmail account and make sure sync calendar is checked.

Under my accounts I have two google accounts. One is google email (red stamp with @ sign) and the other is just google (black stamp with white g). Neither one of them has anything with calendar sync. The google account with the g has sync contacts and sync gmail, no calendar.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
It's the "g" account that has your email address for gmail listed. If you tap it, you should get a screen with three options to sync: contacts, gmail and calendar. A green check should be by each.

BUT... you also have to enable your data transfer: Settings > Data Manager > Data delivery (check all three options to enable).

If you STILL aren't getting access to the sync calendar, go to your calendar on Gmail > settings > and find the one that enables sync.

Somewhere in this, you will enable it.

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm about to lose my mind with this phone. I've looked everywhere and I can't find any application for calendar other than the calendar icon on my X. There is no sync option anywhere and when I log on to my calendar on my home computer everything is good to go. There also is no button in the online calender setting to turn on sync.
I can't beleive how something so simple is so hard.

I noticed that the only calender icon in my main menu is a picture of a white calendar with "31" on it. It's not the same as the one google says is their calendar icon.

The other thing driving me crazy is the lack of any kind of ringtone profiles. The most basic phones have profiles like Loud, Silent, Vibrate, All alerts off, etc...
All I can do on the X is select normal or vibrate. What if I want no alerts and no vibrate? Anyway, thats another topic, back to this calendar issue.

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunatly I found a few topics that state if the calender app is missing you will have to do a factory reboot. Fortunatly the phone is fairly new so I haven't got that much on there besides apps I can re-download from the marketplace.

Frustrating.:confused:

UPDATE: Factory reboot fixed it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX