Call me crazy, but...

lastdetailwd

Nov 14, 2009
www.lastdetailwd.com
...isn't it kind of annoying/weird/crazy/aggravating/mean/stupid that people who pre-ordered from Best Buy are getting their phones, but the Sprint store pre-orders are no where to be found, and they have absolutely no idea when they'll be in? After all, this is a Sprint phone...

As you've guessed, I pre-ordered at a local Sprint Store.

Moral of this story I guess is to pre-order at Best Buy from now on. This isn't the first time my pre-orders with Sprint have been weird.

I know I know, it's only a phone, but it's still aggravating! :p

bbrammeier

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
...isn't it kind of annoying/weird/crazy/aggravating/mean/stupid that people who pre-ordered from Best Buy are getting their phones, but the Sprint store pre-orders are no where to be found, and they have absolutely no idea when they'll be in? After all, this is a Sprint phone...

As you've guessed, I pre-ordered at a local Sprint Store.

Moral of this story I guess is to pre-order at Best Buy from now on. This isn't the first time my pre-orders with Sprint have been weird.

I know I know, it's only a phone, but it's still aggravating! :p

Yeah...

I pre-ordered from sprint.com and got my phone early afternoon. So no one knows what you are talking about.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I think the difference is, and I may be wrong...but those who purchased from Best Buy actually paid for their devices. Just as those who pre-ordered via Sprint.com actually paid for the full cost of their phones. Whereas those who purchased thru a Sprint store paid $50 so Sprint would hold one for them once they came in. Basically when the store finally does receive the device, you will get first dibs before the average Joe walks in to buy them. But those who paid the full $200 actually paid for an actual unit...so they get their first.

Thats just a guess though.

lastdetailwd

Nov 14, 2009
www.lastdetailwd.com
Regardless, It's B.S. we still pre ordered. So forget were waiting on it? Their communication over this whole thing blows.

I have to agree with you there. A pre-order is a pre-order, regardless of where it happened. For the other outlets to ship the phones, and at the same time Sprint has no idea at all when the phones will be in stores for those pre-orders...is a little unfair.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I have to agree with you there. A pre-order is a pre-order, regardless of where it happened. For the other outlets to ship the phones, and at the same time Sprint has no idea at all when the phones will be in stores for those pre-orders...is a little unfair.

I guess you're not seeing what I'm saying. What you did was RESERVE a phone. You didnt pay for the device...you paid for a first spot in line for when the phones arrived.

The other individuals PRE-ORDERED an actual unit.

You paid for a spot in line...they paid for a phone. Not saying its right...just saying I think thats where the issue lies.

Rydah805

The Rapper
May 20, 2011
Visit site

Exactly.

I guess you're not seeing what I'm saying. What you did was RESERVE a phone. You didnt pay for the device...you paid for a first spot in line for when the phones arrived.

You paid for a spot in line...they paid for a phone. Not saying its right...just saying I think thats where the issue lies.
I understand. Makes sense. Just messed up.

Sent From My Half Dead HTC Evo 3D, On The Now Network From Virgin Mobile?

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

After dealing with the OPs same issue I went to best buy and it's the same thing as sprint they "reserve" the phone, though both call it a preorder, however turns out best buy has good dealings with htc thus why they got it...anyone who preordered in a sprint store I'd suggest going to best buy the phone comes out to 50 and you'll probably get it sooner...

Sent from an alternate universe where I'm using my new Evo LTE that isn't held in customs.

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I think the difference is, and I may be wrong...but those who purchased from Best Buy actually paid for their devices. Just as those who pre-ordered via Sprint.com actually paid for the full cost of their phones. Whereas those who purchased thru a Sprint store paid $50 so Sprint would hold one for them once they came in. Basically when the store finally does receive the device, you will get first dibs before the average Joe walks in to buy them. But those who paid the full $200 actually paid for an actual unit...so they get their first.

Thats just a guess though.

Actually, most people who pre-ordered at BB didn't pay anything up front. I paid nada and picked my phone up this afternoon.

UNSCleric

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I went with Best Buy cause they haven't given me any issues with the first Evo launch, which was my first real experience with modern phones and all that, so i felt safe going there. I feel sorry for those of you who have to continue to deal with Sprint's wall of silence on this issue. They are usually great with customer service, but ever since Monday when they got the phones (and even before that) they've been infuriatingly quiet.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Actually, most people who pre-ordered at BB didn't pay anything up front. I paid nada and picked my phone up this afternoon.

Damn...well that sucks. Sounds like going through Sprint (Which should be the best option as you're dealing directly with the carrier) doesn't give the best results...

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone would even bother going to a sprint store to pre order when online ordering was available with free shipping.

I don't understand why anyone would either! That's why I went to BB, pre-ordered without paying a penny, and picked mine up today! Only cost me $65 to boot! I learned never to go to a Sprint store to buy a phone back in the Palm PRE days! Never again...

Sent from my E4GLTE geniuses phone!

lastdetailwd

Nov 14, 2009
www.lastdetailwd.com
I don't understand why anyone would either! That's why I went to BB, pre-ordered without paying a penny, and picked mine up today! Only cost me $65 to boot! I learned never to go to a Sprint store to buy a phone back in the Palm PRE days! Never again...

Sent from my E4GLTE geniuses phone!

I didn't pre-order online because I wasn't eligible for an upgrade yet. They could only move it up to the 18th.

kidstechno

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
OP, if you're this mad without understanding how businesses work and how not everything in this world goes according to plan and revolves around you, then really you don't deserve a phone.

You can always go to Toys R' Us and pick up one of those phones for toddlers. At least you wouldn't have to pre-order that AND it's available for pickup! No monthly plan either :D

I'll say it again. People are right, HTC and Sprint HATE sales and all they want to do is create a swimming pool of Evo 4G LTEs and swim through them like Scrooge McDuck. :-$

Reactions: Anthonicia

lastdetailwd

Nov 14, 2009
www.lastdetailwd.com
OP, if you're this mad without understanding how businesses work and how not everything in this world goes according to plan and revolves around you, then really you don't deserve a phone.

You can always go to Toys R' Us and pick up one of those phones for toddlers. At least you wouldn't have to pre-order that AND it's available for pickup! No monthly plan either :D

I'll say it again. People are right, HTC and Sprint HATE sales and all they want to do is create a swimming pool of Evo 4G LTEs and swim through them like Scrooge McDuck. :-$

I fully understand how business works. What I don't understand is why the provider of this phone, Sprint, can't fulfill in-store orders while other outlets can. I also think that it's bad business practice to keep customers and even their own employees in the dark on the whole matter. No one at a Sprint store has any idea of what's going on, and that seems unreasonable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Name