Call Volume

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I find call volume inadequate in places with moderate ambient noise levels. I prefer not to resort to speaker phone. Is it possible for an app to boost phone volume only during phone calls? My speaker is loud enough for other purposes. Thanks.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've found my ear speaker is plenty loud, but very directed. If it's not centered on my ear, I'll barely hear it. So you may want to try playing with how you hold it if you haven't already.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't work for me. I've tried. I need more volume. My hearing isn't great and if in a noisy or even busy environment it is too difficult for me to hear. I have a bt earpiece but don't like to bother with it all the time. It it is possible to boost volume I would like to do it. Some apps claim to but don't seem to to me. Maybe I missed a good one.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the volume is controlled in the system and the only way to change that would be with root, if it can be done at all. I don't think a 3rd party app can hook into that to make the change.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the volume is controlled in the system and the only way to change that would be with root, if it can be done at all. I don't think a 3rd party app can hook into that to make the change.
Even if this were possible, the phone can only deliver so much power to a speaker and I'm guessing it's already close to that limit at full volume. Trying to go louder could risk distortion and possible speaker damage.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Even if this were possible, the phone can only deliver so much power to a speaker and I'm guessing it's already close to that limit at full volume. Trying to go louder could risk distortion and possible speaker damage.
Yep but to some it's worth the risk. Over on XDA someone made a mod to use the ear piece as a second speaker to create stereo mode. I stopped following the thread but I'm pretty sure some people blew the ear piece because it's not designed to be used at the same volume as the speaker.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlossinsurance