Called Htc Today

NyStrongest

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I call htc today to hear there two cents on what's going on with this thunderbolt situation. I spoke with a rep that stated and I quote Verizon has had these phones for a while now in there wear house we have shipped them. I then asked why haven't they been released he stated there making sure there lte network is at 100% before they release the phone other then that I don't have anymore information ... well why don't you all give them a ring call them up at 1-866-449-8358 and let's see if we get the same responce I did or a bunch more .....

Reactions: Green_Laser

MarkyD311

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Just called. Rep said that no date has been announced, therefore there is no delay. He said only Verizon can answer the question about release.

celtics18

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
HTC provided this phone to verizon months ago. Its on verizon to get the kinks worked outof their network and realese this thing i really doubt youll find anything out by calling HTC

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
There LTE network won't be 100% until it's nationwide and according to them that won't be until end of 2012. But don't everyone agree they should release the TB so we can test the system to help them make network fixes now. If I was HTC I would imediately demand the TB release or I would pull it from verizon and release elsewhere because now they are hurting not only there own bottom $$ but HTC as well. At this rate I mine as well stay with my BB until the bionic releases!!!!!

alcoholics02

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I call htc today to hear there two cents on what's going on with this thunderbolt situation. I spoke with a rep that stated and I quote Verizon has had these phones for a while now in there wear house we have shipped them. I then asked why haven't they been released he stated there making sure there lte network is at 100% before they release the phone other then that I don't have anymore information ... well why don't you all give them a ring call them up at 1-866-449-8358 and let's see if we get the same responce I did or a bunch more .....

appreciate the info

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The network has been testing in 38 cities an airports for a while now
"KINKS" should have been fixed and most who get the phone now won't have 4G any way so why bother delaying it. Boost your Q1 sales, poor business practice by big red

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Why does everyone say most who get the phone won't have 4g?

Because the network isnt suppose to be fully build for another 2 years. Best guess to know if you will have 4G connection is if you live within 30-40 miles of an NFL city.

deltwalrus

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Why does everyone say most who get the phone won't have 4g?

Agree, I would think most people buying this phone are doing so because of the LTE capabilities. Otherwise, I'd be on a Verizon iPhone right now instead of waiting. Or maybe a Droid X. I don't see many non-geeks shelling out the extra cash for this unit in non-LTE markets when all Droid phones are $100 off, other smartphones can be had for free on contract, etc.

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Because the network isnt suppose to be fully build for another 2 years. Best guess to know if you will have 4G connection is if you live within 30-40 miles of an NFL city.

How many people live within those 30-40 miles? 100 million according to Verizon. 1/3 people in the US are supposed to be covered.

NyStrongest

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Well if htc is right and vzw has had these phone for months then all the bs rumors about bigger batteries and extra core is all bs... then we can just expect this phone to have all same specs as revealed earlier

thegoon9

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm 3.5 hours from the nearest NFL football stadium and my town is supposed to get Verizon's 4G LTE by the end of the year. Of course I guess NASCAR helps a little.

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
There LTE network won't be 100% until it's nationwide and according to them that won't be until end of 2012. But don't everyone agree they should release the TB so we can test the system to help them make network fixes now. If I was HTC I would imediately demand the TB release or I would pull it from verizon and release elsewhere because now they are hurting not only there own bottom $$ but HTC as well. At this rate I mine as well stay with my BB until the bionic releases!!!!!

Honestly I dont think so, if verizon has the phones within their own warehouses I would assume that means verizon has already purchased the units from HTC (otherwise why would HTC send them the items) therefore HTC already has its $ for the devices and could probably care less about how long it takes for it to hit the market

thegoon9

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I dont think so, if verizon has the phones within their own warehouses I would assume that means verizon has already purchased the units from HTC (otherwise why would HTC send them the items) therefore HTC already has its $ for the devices and could probably care less about how long it takes for it to hit the market

HTC has to think about when the next shipment will be bought by Verizon though. Hopefully this won't be a one shipment and stop making them thing.