Calling All Superusers... Check this hardware mod

BZOptimusS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
i just wired two more cells to another control board, in turn just taking longer to recharge and discharge, it really isnt a fire hazard.

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey it's your phone and if it works for you then I'd call it a success. The fun part of any hobby is making something on your own, and to that I'd say way to go. I bet the battery life is excellent. For me personally, it is way overkill.

I would warn others, to not go about this mod is this exact fashion. Use cells that are identical, DO NOT MISMATCH CELLS. Discharging different lithium cells at the same rate which are wired in parallel can potentially cause bad things to happen.

BZOptimusS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Well thank you for your constructive criticism :) I worried the same fear of mismatched cells. 3 stock Optimus batteries would likely work better and would ACTUALLY fit in the extended door of a 3600 mah battery, personally, the 3600 was enough for me, and was aesthetically pleasing. however the door cracked off due to me dropping it all the time. so i just decided to get crafty. :)

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Repost from linked thread. Silly me... :

Ooh! Now all we have to do is start a thread to figure out which ROM squeezes the most out of it. :D

It looks like a little cargo ship sitting there. The geek in me applauds you, but it does not seem very practical for anything but testing purposes or maybe a dedicated car phone. With that kind of weight added, how do you keep it from just falling out randomly? Scotch tape?

Would a transformer that puts out more mAh than the stock one cut down on the charge time?

bweb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Instead use a large battery to create 5V for the usb. I'm pretty sure they are commercially available and are less likely to "vent with flame"

BZOptimusS

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
bweb, your name makes me LAWL. anyways.

i like that idea and considered. but i told myself i hate wires and it makes more sense to just root the powersupply at the core. simply put, your engineering is only as good as you make it to be, so if you think its gonna suck, then it likely will. but I entered this project with full confidence.
therefore im confident it wont match off into flame like a bomb.
:)

Dorion-Grey

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
bweb, your name makes me LAWL. anyways.

i like that idea and considered. but i told myself i hate wires and it makes more sense to just root the powersupply at the core. simply put, your engineering is only as good as you make it to be, so if you think its gonna suck, then it likely will. but I entered this project with full confidence.
therefore im confident it wont match off into flame like a bomb.
:)

Sweet project. Sure it could have gone in flames but how many light bulbs did our inventive electonic for fathers burn till we could say let there be light, mad Kudos that you got it the first time out!

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk