Camera: Atrix and Inspire

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Took a photo crossing the street in Raleigh, NC. Kept the defaults, just took out the devices and snapped a photo with each.

Both:
All sizes | atrix-inspire_dtr | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
5467732433_c3d6f3956a_b.jpg

Atrix
All sizes | DTR taken with the Moto Atrix | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
5467717145_9af0051ac2_b.jpg

Inspire
All sizes | DTR taken with the htc Inspire | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
5468328018_c7bf03f4ec_b.jpg

Reactions: mrro82 and KTyger

dchandler

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
wow I'm not sure there Is much of a difference between the two, I have both also but haven't had time to do a comparison between the two. I wish I didn't buy the Inspire first because now I'm not giving the Atrix a fair shot. I know the Atrix is better than the Inspire but to me the Inspire feels better and I love the screen size of the Inspire. The camera was also playing a big part but now I see Its not that much of a difference.

KTyger

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this comparison. The photo with the Inspire looks so much better to me: richer color, better contrast, sharper. I guess I don't know what the scene look like to the naked eye, but the Inspire photo has better detail and color from what I see here.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Judging purely on the looks of the clouds and the CVS building, the Inspires camera pic looks a tad better. The color of those 2 objects looks more natural. Honestly though, they both look good and I don't think anyone will have an issue with whichever phone they choose.

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the Atrix "brightens" the image on screen before the photo is taken.

I did shoot a video and then play it back on the Atrix and Wow! The HD video played very smooth. No choppiness or stuttering. It looked the same as when I was recording it. Very impressive.

jangliss

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
While the Inspire's image looks cleaner, and crisper, the Atrix has a better color and image. The image processor on the Inspire looks to have bumped the blacks higher, and contrast too, with the loss of some detail.

Take a look at the lamp posts on the left hand side of the image. They're nearly completely black on the Inspire shot, losing detail, while the Atrix you can see the detail of the "knot" near the bottom.

Also check out the flower pots on the left. Completely black on the Inspire, while they look to be a grey/brown marble on the Atrix. They're a little grainy in the Atrix, with a fair bit of noise, but it looks like it was pretty overcast. What color were they really?

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
While the Inspire's image looks cleaner, and crisper, the Atrix has a better color and image. The image processor on the Inspire looks to have bumped the blacks higher, and contrast too, with the loss of some detail.

Take a look at the lamp posts on the left hand side of the image. They're nearly completely black on the Inspire shot, losing detail, while the Atrix you can see the detail of the "knot" near the bottom.

Also check out the flower pots on the left. Completely black on the Inspire, while they look to be a grey/brown marble on the Atrix. They're a little grainy in the Atrix, with a fair bit of noise, but it looks like it was pretty overcast. What color were they really?

The pots are a brown gray-ish color and the lamp posts are black.

Here is a photo I found looking down the same street but a bit further towards the capitol bld.
FayettevilleStreet.JPG

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I think it also depends on the person. One person might see something one way and another person a different way. Only way to know for sure is to do tests personally with both devices.

KTyger

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Different cameras will handle differently depending on the outside sources of light too; this is one thing I've noticed with the Inspire already. One thing I'd love to see a comparison of is something with blues and purples, even just in really good daylight. I've never had success with this on anything but my dSLR (it was awful on my iPhones), but the Inspire took a fantastic true-to-color photo of something with those colors.

ShaggySS

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
wow I'm not sure there Is much of a difference between the two, I have both also but haven't had time to do a comparison between the two. I wish I didn't buy the Inspire first because now I'm not giving the Atrix a fair shot. I know the Atrix is better than the Inspire but to me the Inspire feels better and I love the screen size of the Inspire. The camera was also playing a big part but now I see Its not that much of a difference.

I am with you 100% on this. I have both and I have been using the Inspire but I am having a hard time giving the atrix a fair shot

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Everyone has to remember, Atrix has a 5 megapixel camera and the Inspire has an 8 megapixel camera. The quality of the pics definitely shows the difference in megapixels.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab12shady