Camera fix on ICS available?

phlyer

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I traded my iPhone with someone for an Inspire running ICS (had to get back to android!).

I love ICS so far but the camera issue is bugging me. Is there a fix out there to get the camera working?

-or-

Would running something like CM7 correct the issue?

Thanks!!

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
If you're running ICS on an Inspire then you are already running a custom ROM. That may have affected the camera or it just may be the difference between the iPhone amd and the Inspire

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

phlyer

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I know its a custom rom but with ICS the camera doesn't work at all.

Can I just put a different from on or does it need the base of froyo/gb to run off of?

EDIT: I should have said that the camera doesn't work at all.

Last edited:

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Did the camera work when you got the phone? Are you comfortable swapping ROMs?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

phlyer

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
No it didn't work. From what I've read it's an issue with the rom.

Looking over the directions, it didn't look terribly difficult so I think I could do it. I've rooted other phones before but this is the first that had roms available.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Then I would hear over to XDA, search for the Inspire and go from there. The developer community here and on XDA is pretty awesome and supportive.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

wrenhal

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes the"video"camcorder isn't working. Still camera should be working fine on most newer ics roms. The phone is obviously already rooted, so you just have to search on xda about how to flash a custom ROM on the inspire. Very easy actually with clockwork mod ROM manager.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

phlyer

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes the"video"camcorder isn't working. Still camera should be working fine on most newer ics roms. The phone is obviously already rooted, so you just have to search on xda about how to flash a custom ROM on the inspire. Very easy actually with clockwork mod ROM manager.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Must be an old ROM then. When I try to get to the camera from the lock screen, it reboots and there's no camera app at all on the phone.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Search the Inspire forum on xda. I know that there is a ICS camera fix in there somewhere. Also, see if you can figure out what ROM you have. There may be an update for it that fixes the issue. If you decide to flash a new ROM, remember that you need to wipe it completely first, so that it doesn't get all screwy.

phlyer

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this tells you anything but here's my about:

Model # - Desire HD
Version - 4.0.3.0.2.01.0
Kernel - 2.6.35.14 - aospX - cheesecake root@Linux #6

Doesn't really mean anything to me but if you know of an update, that'd be great. I like everything else about this one.

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums

randyw

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
The camera drivers are not open source! They belong to HTC. And until HTC releases ICS for the DHD in July or Aug the camera and video recording will not work on Custom Sense Roms. The only Roms that the camera does work on are AOSP and AOKP Roms because a work around was found, but the video record still does not work. So all the Devs are waiting on HTC. I am running aospX AR31 and the camera works fine.

Reactions: phlyer

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but yea HTC has these drivers proprietary. So untilled the official Tom's released yea do rom manager get titanium back up back up your phone make sure your batteries 100% select back up rom clear fmdalvic cache and do cm7 when ever you see the box pop up. After you do cm7 do as I previously stars and you should be fine

Reactions: phlyer

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I havent rooted or tried any custom ROMs, so I may be speaking out of turn here, but prior to the ICS update I got the Camera ICS+ app in the Play store....worked great. After the offical update came out found that the app actually had more features than the stock version, and now its just my default.

IDK if that can help your issue, but worth a shot for an easy fix.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I havent rooted or tried any custom ROMs, so I may be speaking out of turn here, but prior to the ICS update I got the Camera ICS+ app in the Play store....worked great. After the offical update came out found that the app actually had more features than the stock version, and now its just my default.

Yes, 3rd party software is always a viable option. And usually the easiest fix. Just like when the official GB update came out and we had to go 3rd party for messaging to get around the contact name problem.

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried this with any ics roms for the inspire?

phlyer

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I did find a fix!

After researching I found that my ROM had an update, so I reflashed it and the camera works now.

Thanks for the info guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autocascade