Camera Horizon Level + Decent Image Resolution

Ezekiel Barbirolli

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello Everyone: I am generally satisfied with Google's Camera app for the Nexus 5; however, there is one feature I could really use - a Horizon Level indicator. I am taking most of my pictures using a 16:9 aspect ratio/6 megapixels setting, and for landscape pictures a Horizon Level indicator would help to keep them aligned. I have looked at a couple of apps which include this option (Camera Awesome and HD Camera), but from what I can see, neither provide a high image resolution/16:9 combination - in both cases I think it is around 2 megapixels.

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks. . .

ptonantryloc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it would qualify as a Horizon Level indicator, but would turning on the gridlines help? Press the dots next to the HDR+ on/off indicator and choose the icon that looks like a square with holes in it (2nd from the left).

Ezekiel Barbirolli

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi David - thanks for your reply. Yes, turning on the grid lines does help a bit, but it still relies on my "eye" to line up a distant shoreline. My technique to compensate is to take multiple shots of the same scene and hope that one comes out straight - but it's hit and miss, and I would prefer the confirmation that a built in horizon level would give.

Cheers. . .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Groenborg