Camera issue on Note 20 Ultra

MozzaJ

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I'm just wondering if I have a faulty camera on my Ultra as I'm really not impressed by the picture quality. Is it a problem with my camera or are others experiencing the same?

If you have a look at the 2 photos attached, one with my old Note 8 and one with my new 20 Ultra you'll see that the Note 8 captures the sunlight and the clouds accurately i.e. a bright yellow sunshine and dark grey clouds but the 20 Ultra turns the sunlight into this orange blur and lightens the color of the clouds. The odd thing is that when I view the motion picture of the same picture on the 20 Ultra then the sunlight is realistic while the picture is playing. It's only when the motion stops and the end picture is presented that it returns this horrible orange color.

I don't have any filters on that I'm aware of. Anybody any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

John

Attachments

• note20.jpg
    note20.jpg
    728.5 KB · Views: 22
  • note8.jpg
    note8.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 21

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Note 20 was taken using the suggested "Best shot". Neither were really focused. Just point and click.

It seems to change sunshine to an orange shade with any picture involving sunlight.

Should try with the same spot focus. AI usually gives what it thinks is best.

MozzaJ

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I'd be surprised if it was just because I hadn't focused as it had already selected what it thought was the best shot.

Here's another picture where it's decided to turn the picture orange. I'm just wondering if this is normal for the phone, which I doubt, or if there's something wrong with mine?

20201113_080324_resized_1.jpg