Can a LG VS980 w/no sim card be unlocked?

Chip Amaker

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, thanks for having me.i have been reading trying and going crazy with this phone ,i keep getting yes and no answers,but could someone please put this to rest can this be done or not?please,any help and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Locked means that you can't put in a SIM card other than one from the carrier it's locked to. Whether it's locked has nothing to do with whether the SIM card is actually inserted - but you usually unlock a phone by inserting a SIM card it's locked against, it'll ask for the unlock code and you enter it. (Depending on the phone, there may also be something you can dial, in the phone dialer, that will bring up that request for the unlock code. Try #7465625*638*#). (Don't just put in random numbers. After about 5 wrong tries, the unlocking is locked out.)

So can the phone get unlocked without a SIM card? Some phones can be. Can it be unlocked if the SIM card is removed? Sure, as long as it was unlocked when the SIM card was in it (or by the dialer code).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
generalMontana