can and should I upgrade or root samsung S320VL with version 6.0.1 offline and/or switch service?

ejames82

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
hello,
I bought a galaxy sky android phone at Walmart and have been using that phone for about 10 years. I also purchased two phones like it on eBay.
ultimately, I may want to upgrade all of the phones to the latest possible version Android operating system.
I thought the safest approach would be to download the required software and upgrade both of my spare phones to ensure it could be done because I depend on my working phone for my job. perhaps, (and preferably), even switching the service to one of the other phones after it has been upgraded. if I'm told I can't or shouldn't attempt this upgrade and/or switch, then I will abort the plan entirely. basically, I am just getting as much info as I can and the opinion of experts with experience I don't have before I take action. I appreciate everybody's time. forgive me for my confusing post. this is probably more complicated than most threads you see here.
thank you.

device name
SM-S320VL

baseband version
S320VLUDU1APG2

android version on phone that has service

kernel
3.10.49-8436310

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
You can try searching for third party ROMs but it appears 6.0.1 is were it tops out. It is a 10 year old phone after all.
Lineage os doesn't even list it. Maybe you could dig up an old CyanogenMod for it but personally I wouldn't even try unless it was a rainy day project for fun.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbdpks