Can audio notification sounds be "looped"?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am partially hearing impaired, and sometimes I miss important, time-sensitive notifications on my android smartphone if its more than a few feet away from me at any given time. One example of an app I use is "MS Teams" on android, and I might miss a time-sensitive chat request. Is there any way that audio notifications can be "looped", or "persist", or stay "continuous", unless or until I manually respond to them each time?

If this is not possible with the standard/built-in settings, how about some extra utility app or add-in? If not that way, how about some customized solution using Java, Kotlin, C/C++, etc? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! One option would be to create your own custom notification tone out of a relatively long mp3 file. You can choose whatever mp3 file you want and copy it to the /Notifications directory of your device, then use that as your default notification tone (or just use it for certain apps).

Another option would be to use a Notification Reminder option. Some devices (like Samsung) have this by default -- look in the Accessibility menu. If you don't have this option, then try a 3rd party app like Missed Notifications Reminder.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy