Can i change the way my S6 orders the items in my notification shade?

swamrollbre

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
i've got a GS6 on verizon. every time i pull out my phone, the shade is filled with notifications, but it seems as though something places those of most importance: sms, mms, email (even from the native/default apps), missed calls, and voicemails - at the very bottom. Having to dig/scroll/swipe down through clutter sorta defeats the purpose of having clickable notifications...
perhaps i'm looking back with rose tinted glasses, but i don't remember having this problem with my s3 in 2012. I'm sure i'm not the only one with this problem, but i didnt find anything using the forum search tool.
thnks!

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
It sorts by time, so your most recent is at the top. But one thing you can do is go into Settings, Device, Sounds and Notifications and scroll down to choose App Notifications. Find the app you want to adjust (i.e. Messages) and click it. Then choose Set as Priority. That will always keep that one at the top, despite other notifications coming in afterwards. I did this with Messages and with another app I wanted to always appear at the top and it works for me.