Can I convert a Tmobile Nexus 6 to Sprint?

aweyrich

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm a sprint subscriber but I'm also trying out T Mobile for a month simultaneously. I bought a t-mobile Nexus 6 to try out on their network but I have a really great low price plan on Sprint so after I try it out on tmobile I might want to take the phone and bring it to sprint. Can I convert a tmobile Nexus 6 to sprint?

Apparently T Mobile will allow a phone to be unlocked after 40 days of use...which I will use it for that long...

Posted via the Android Central App

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
As long as its unlocked it should. I bought an unlocked one straight from moto. I have an active Sprint sim and an active Tmobile sim and i can switch between them with no issues.

aweyrich

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
As long as its unlocked it should. I bought an unlocked one straight from moto. I have an active Sprint sim and an active Tmobile sim and i can switch between them with no issues.

How can I get an active sprint SIM card?

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't think this is going to work. It is confirmed not to work with the nexus 5.

Cdma carriers need to see esn/dec loaded in their database for cdma activation which the n6 still uses for voice.

Their policy may have changed, or you may get lucky but be very careful, the deck is stacked against you and this likely won't happen.

BRIVERS73

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Hey Gabbot when you activated your T-Mobile sim from the starter kit to test the network, did the plan utilizes your current Sprint number or did you receive a new number?

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't think this is going to work. It is confirmed not to work with the nexus 5.

Cdma carriers need to see esn/dec loaded in their database for cdma activation which the n6 still uses for voice.

Their policy may have changed, or you may get lucky but be very careful, the deck is stacked against you and this likely won't happen.

I think Sprint fixed that this time around.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Guys, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believed the Nexus 6 purchased from T-Mobile already came Unlocked?

Yes. That's not the issue. In the past, Sprint did not allow phones NOT bought through them (or the play store) on their network. I think that's fixed now.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm a sprint subscriber but I'm also trying out T Mobile for a month simultaneously. I bought a t-mobile Nexus 6 to try out on their network but I have a really great low price plan on Sprint so after I try it out on tmobile I might want to take the phone and bring it to sprint. Can I convert a tmobile Nexus 6 to sprint?

Apparently T Mobile will allow a phone to be unlocked after 40 days of use...which I will use it for that long...

I found a very good article on all the carrier models and what they entail.

Here's the link: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/11/24/the-stark-contrast-nexus-6-on-sprint-and-t-mobile-vs-att/

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexa soundzen