can I count on VZW to release Key Lime Pie OTA update a few months after Google releases it?

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
can I count on VZW to release Key Lime Pie OTA update a few months after Google releases it?
or is this a fantasy? (based on VZW's past actions on updating Android smartphones)

VZW is slow, but usually update at least once. For example, if you phone has GB, then you get ICS.
If you phone has ICS, then you get JB. However, if you phone started with GB, you shouldn't expect
JB, ever. In the case of the VZW Galaxy S3, then the recent ICS to JB update is the last "major"
one and no update to KLP. (sounds crazy? but that's what a Verzion corporate store manager told
me)

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Depends on your definition of "a few" - if it's 6, yeah there's a chance though if you're expecting 3, then probably not.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Still some issues with key lime pie, as noted in the forums. As long as they exist, most carriers will hold off on updating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
or is this a fantasy? (based on VZW's past actions on updating Android smartphones)

VZW is slow, but usually update at least once. For example, if you phone has GB, then you get ICS.
If you phone has ICS, then you get JB. However, if you phone started with GB, you shouldn't expect
JB, ever. In the case of the VZW Galaxy S3, then the recent ICS to JB update is the last "major"
one and no update to KLP. (sounds crazy? but that's what a Verzion corporate store manager told
me)
it will get it but it will take forever probably...better off putting a ROM on when bit comes out

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

skennelly

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The S3 just received 4.1 OTA, it will likely be at least 4-6 months before they release 4.2. The odds of Verizon releasing key lime pie for the S3 are slim (imo), but who really knows.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Unless you have a Nexus device, you can't count on any OEM or carrier.

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I think that Verizon and the other carriers are more interested in selling you a new phone with the newest software and drag their feet on major software upgrades for older phones when there is already a new model of phone out or in development. Just ask a Droid Bionic owner.

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
The only thing you can count on VZW to do is increase their bottom line. Anything else is coincidental.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
3-6 months AFTER Samsung creates it. That is IF Samsung creates it.

So Google releases update to android. 3-6 months later Samsung gets around to releasing something with touchwiz and carrier bloat on it. 3-6 months after that, Verizon will release it to you...

You get the picture

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys95