Can I customize how a folder expands?

jimithingslides

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone! First post!

I'm trying to set my home screen up so I have a row of icons on the bottom that expand into folders BUT I want my folders to expand straight up instead of into the normal square shape. Any ideas on how I can accomplish this? I want it to look like:

App
App
App
App
Folder Icon

Thanks for the help guys!

Mark

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm betting there must be a 3rd party launcher app you can install that will do what you want. Lots of people on this forum use various types of launcher apps, so hopefully someone can chime in with their experience. Otherwise, you can search for "launcher" on Google Play and just start experimenting, since most of these launcher apps are free!

jimithingslides

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm betting there must be a 3rd party launcher app you can install that will do what you want. Lots of people on this forum use various types of launcher apps, so hopefully someone can chime in with their experience. Otherwise, you can search for "launcher" on Google Play and just start experimenting, since most of these launcher apps are free!

I have been running Nova but it doesn't give me that customization option. I've hunted high and low online with no luck. Time to ask the pros!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! I use Nova as well and it doesn't let you customize in this manner. You can adjust the way apps are previewed. However, when the folder is opened apps are displayed in a grid like manner.

There are other launchers that may offer this type of customization. Give ADW EX or Apex a try. Let us know what you find!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone! First post!

I'm trying to set my home screen up so I have a row of icons on the bottom that expand into folders BUT I want my folders to expand straight up instead of into the normal square shape. Any ideas on how I can accomplish this? I want it to look like:

App
App
App
App
Folder Icon

Thanks for the help guys!

Mark

Welcome to the forums!
I have tried several, and none will allow a folder in a folder. But, I have ran with Nova so long, that my information may be dated.