• Welcome to the all-new Android Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues please let us know in this thread!

Can I get some help with daylights savings time?

Mar 9, 2015
Bad daylights savings time

My LGL34C phone is now off an hour (no DST here), and I can not reset the timezone or the time via the "Date & time" menu, as there are only two options: "Use 24-hour format" and "Select date format"

I've tried a power-off and restart, in the hopes that I might get something different in the menu options, no dice.

Screenshot_2015-03-09-07-15-08.png

It did have the correct timezone back when I was on a provider.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2015
Re: Bad daylights savings time

Sorry, I thought I was still in the correct forum when I hit 'ask a question'.

Have edited the original question.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012

Sorry, I thought I was still in the correct forum when I hit 'ask a question'.

Have edited the original question.

Welcome to Android Central. In settings>date and time, there should be an option to turn of Daylight Savings.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see the no manual date and time settings.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Mar 9, 2015

No change on my end (and still no options to control it), but magically the time has changed.

Of course now I need to go reset all of my (adjusted) alarms :p

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012

The time and date kept internally isn't very accurate, since it's a cellphone, so it's designed to be connected to cell towers, which have VERY accurate time. When you run without a provider, you don't have the options of manual setting or automatically getting the time, timezone and DST/EST from the tower, so in addition to not counting on anything but 911 calls, don't count on the time shown meaning anything. It's either a phone with time, or a computer not connectd to a tower without accurate time. There's no way to use an NTP server to keep the time accurate..

Mar 9, 2015

Funny, most of my other computers have kept accurate time for over decades.

DOS FTW!

They also have all allowed me to manipulate the time, in case I moved or just wanted to mess with the time or date.

When can I upgrade to DOS on my phone?

Ask The Community

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kefaydeaurnuksan