Can I get some help with my G3?

DanceKiwi

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Guys Please Help Me I am Having troble with my G3

Hi guys thanks for reading this,
Here is my problem. I have tried time and time again to install android 5.0 on my LG G3 D850 from AT&T. I tried looking for a software update in my general settings and it says that there are no updates. I checked my settings and it says I have Android 4.4. I am also doing this on WIFI. I just don't know what the problem is. I have even try reseting my phone. If you know anything that can help me please post down below.
Thank you for your help it is much appreciated.

miner_films

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Guys Please Help Me I am Having troble with my G3

If your phone says that there are no updates, then your device is not officially supported to have the update.

However flashing a custom ROM, this will require for your phone to be rooted, for your device may allow you to run Lollipop. However the people behind the ROM have to support your device for it to work.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Are you using an At&t sim with it by any chance? Or a different carrier's sim card?

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

I would stay with Kit Kat if I were you.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

DanceKiwi

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the intel but I did some research online and it says that the update is avalible for my phone and is not working for whatever reason.

DanceKiwi

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

I am currently out of the country and don't even have my sim card entered. Even when I was in the country it would say the same thing under an AT&T sim.

DanceKiwi

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

If your phone says that there are no updates, then your device is not officially supported to have the update.

However flashing a custom ROM, this will require for your phone to be rooted, for your device may allow you to run Lollipop. However the people behind the ROM have to support your device for it to work.
Thanks but i checked and the update was avilable for my phone but it isn't working

Posted via the Android Central App

DanceKiwi

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

Are you using an At&t sim with it by any chance? Or a different carrier's sim card?
I am currently out of the country and don't even have my sim card entered. Even when I was in the country it would say the same thing under an AT&T sim.

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

AFAIK, I believe you have to be using At&t's network in order to receive the firmware over the air update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcunado109