Can I send my trade in device in the original box?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just did the trade in for the galaxy watch 5 pro and their asking to send the galaxy watch 4 classic with the galaxy 5 pro box, my question is can I send the GW4 with his original box?

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I've returned a few phones back to Samsung with the original box from the phone that I was trading in. I don't see an issue with that as long as they get the phone or watch... Just make sure you record and take pics of boxing it up and securing it before you ship it out... Always good to cover your butt..

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
that is what I did when I traded in Galaxy watch 3 for watch 4. Other than them trying to claim I sent them the wrong watch, there was no problem with the shipping box. Less likely to get damage.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't know where people are seeing these weird return requests. Of course you can send it back in the original box. The new box is something you should keep and know where it is so that you have have all of the phones vital information should something unexpected happen.

When the S22 released someone reported seeing a list of things that needed to be returned with their trade which included the charging brick and cable. There was a 3 page thread debate whether or not they were expecting us to return a charger when they no longer supply chargers. My guess on this one is, if anything even says this, that they are simply offering safe and secure ways to return a trade in to minimize accidental damage, while also assuming that many people dispose of or loose their boxes.

Hey I bet they'd take it if came in a padded bag, as long it wasn't damaged.

xBennyx

Jul 25, 2022
Visit site
Before purchasing S22 I documented every topic, my questions, and E Com's answers. When they would do it, I got the agent to email me what they had just told me so I wouldn't have to rely on a number (ticket#) to show what they said. Kept all email correspondence. Ifo on trade in said to use the box it came in, no mention of old phone box. But I reused a box I had, documented all that including the FedEx pick up.

They go it, no problem. Only thing is they tried to ding me on it's value. But a miracle happened and 1 quick call reversed the chargeback.
Glad to be done with my 3+ month process of getting the phone and seeing everything through..whew !

If I had the og device box I would have let them have it since I wouldn't have a need for it. But not the new device's box to send the old device. The new box is part of the new purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC