Can I use an iMac to drag and drop music to Android phone?

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if this is possible.... I would like to use an mp3 converter, and then drag and drop to my device. I can do it on a Windows based computer. Just wondering if this will work on a Mac. Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the phone shows as a drive when you plug it into the Mac, sure. Just drag and drop. Assuming it's not purchased music that's DRM-protected.

Depending on the phone, you might have to install a driver. Huawei, LG, Motorola, Sony and ZTE have Mac drivers or sync programs, but some manufacturers only show Windows drivers (I can't say whether that's because Macs don't need drivers for their phones, or because they don't want to spend the money to develop Mac drivers.)

Google claims that Macs only need the driver (the universal Samsung driver) if the phone is the one made for them by Samsung (the Nexus S?).

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
If the phone shows as a drive when you plug it into the Mac, sure. Just drag and drop. Assuming it's not purchased music that's DRM-protected.

Depending on the phone, you might have to install a driver. Huawei, LG, Motorola, Sony and ZTE have Mac drivers or sync programs, but some manufacturers only show Windows drivers (I can't say whether that's because Macs don't need drivers for their phones, or because they don't want to spend the money to develop Mac drivers.)

Google claims that Macs only need the driver (the universal Samsung driver) if the phone is the one made for them by Samsung (the Nexus S?).

Thanks for the info! I have an lg g3. Do I have to do anything specific in order to do this?

Posted via the Android Central App