Can I watch on Android TV device but listen to audio on my Android phone?

manowell

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
This is a feature Roku had with some of its remotes, and it's really the only thing I'm missing since moving to Android TV.

I have some Nvidia Shield devices, but mostly Onn 4k Streamers, all running Android TV 9 or better. To not disturb others when it's late and quiet I'd like to channel the audio though my phone and bluetooth headphones.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Why not just connect your BT headphones to the NVIDIA Shield and Onn 4K streamers? Routing through the phone seems an extra, unneeded step.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of a way to do that. One workaround would be to get a Bluetooth audio transmitter that can plug into the TV's headphone output (if it has one).

manowell

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
I'm not aware of a way to do that. One workaround would be to get a Bluetooth audio transmitter that can plug into the TV's headphone output (if it has one).

I think this is the way I'm going to go, I've never needed one of those gadgets so it's not really on my radar. This is for my guest room at the house, sometimes guest wants to stay up later and watch tv, might need more volume then they're comfortable with putting through TV speakers. This will let them attach what buds, phones, whatever they already have.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I think this is the way I'm going to go, I've never needed one of those gadgets so it's not really on my radar. This is for my guest room at the house, sometimes guest wants to stay up later and watch tv, might need more volume then they're comfortable with putting through TV speakers. This will let them attach what buds, phones, whatever they already have.

I guess I'm still confused as to why you're doing this when the Android TV devices have BT built in but hey, long as you found a solution that works for you. :)

manowell

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
I guess I'm still confused as to why you're doing this when the Android TV devices have BT built in but hey, long as you found a solution that works for you. :)

I have a guest on rare occasion that doesn't have Bluetooth headphones. I don't necessarily want to loan them mine and then clean them.