Can my LG509 utilize Class6 microSDHC?

Prideless

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to figure out what kind of microsdcard I want to get.

I have an LG Optimus T LG509.

Does it make a difference going from a class 4 to a class 6 on a phone? if so will there be a difference on my phone?

I heard people see a huge difference from class 2 to 4. but havent heard much from class 4 to 6.

I was looking at the sanddisk class 4 16gb.

but if there is a performance difference i might go with the transcend class 6 16gb.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You'll be fine.

Typically nowdays, phones seem to be shipping with class 4 sd's. Some phones actually ship without one :(

I've usually seen the jump from class 4 to class 10. Can't recall ever seeing a class 6 in the wild. So my guess, is you're not going to see much boost in performance.

Class 10's are touted as supposedly being the optimal sd for mainstream users who need the fastest access time. So they say. To be honest, I really couldn't see much of a difference going from a 4gb class4 to a 16gb class10. I think the true proof in the pudding, is who the manufacturer is. Lots of cheap no-name sd's on the markets these days, and it's tempting to save a few bucks by buying one of them.

If you buy cheap, you get cheap.

Prideless

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok.

Well there is a sandisk 16gb micro class4 for 22.
and a transcend 16 gb micro for 33 class 6.

some of the reviewers claim they seen a supposed performance difference.

i feel like my phone is a bit sluggish in loading the apps to the phone. sometimes it says (app is not installed on phone) for like the first 2mins. then it will read it.

is it the sd thats slow or my phone? lol

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok.

Well there is a sandisk 16gb micro class4 for 22.
and a transcend 16 gb micro for 33 class 6.

some of the reviewers claim they seen a supposed performance difference.

i feel like my phone is a bit sluggish in loading the apps to the phone. sometimes it says (app is not installed on phone) for like the first 2mins. then it will read it.

is it the sd tha

ts slow or my phone? lol

I would check your internal memory first. Could be too many apps running. Could be too much junk clogging the system. Maybe its time to reset the phone and start over?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got my phone 4 days ago. o.o'

HA!:D:D:D

So I assume you are stock, and not rooted? Correct?

So if it ran just fine, before installing apps, I would be looking at the apps before getting an SD card. Now, it is quite possible it's a bad sd card. A good check, would be to put it in your PCs card reader and run a quick scandisk. If it acts slow or funky, well, you have the culprit.

If not, point the finger at some downloaded apps.

Also, be careful about running apps like Task Managers, Battery savers, and etc. Usually these can cause strange behavior.

As with runningapps off the sd, the best method, is to root the phone, and use a program like apps2sd. If you ever noticed, when you try to move an app to sd on a non-rooted phone, little or no change in internal ph memory. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess that the whole app didn't get moved.

As for a new sd, get the class 6 if you have no other choices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO