Can my tablet connect to a 4G network?

barkingtreefrog

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I bought a tab 4, 8" about 2 weeks ago and I'm loving it. The spec sheet says it can connect to a 4G network. I didn't buy this from my carier, just a hardware store. Am I correct in assuming that this tablet has the correct hardware needed to connect to 4g, I'd just need to figure out how to do so?

Posted via the Android Central App

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
First off you should look into the devices settings to see if there's an option for mobile data connectivity otherwise this is a moot exercise. Well if the spec sheet lists mobile connectivity you need to first find the sim card tray on the device. Look for a small hole next to a rectangular outline you could fit a paperclip into. Push the paperclip into said hole and the sim tray will pop out allowing you to use a sim card in the device. Finding a carrier may be more difficult. The spec sheet should list the supported radio bands of your tablet you need to find a carrier in your area that uses those bands and procure an acceptable plan from them.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has the tab. I am most likely going to get it from my carrier. I prefer to have the data package. I can use my phone as a Hotspot or my jet pack. I have the awesome note 10.1 2014 but a smaller tab will be good too. I did have the note 8.0 but wifi only really isn't a good option for me. I don't have home internet

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OllieFallon10