Can only see sent OR received messages - NOT both

bevans89

Aug 20, 2019
Visit site
My work phone (Alcatel Joy 1 - Android 8.1.0) does not show both my sent AND received messages. It only shows one or the other, and seems to be based on what the last message was. I.e.: when I receive a text, I can see all their messages to me but not my replies. If I then reply, all I can see are my sent messages, and their messages to me disappear.

I had a look around and tried a few fixes myself but none have worked. I tried messing with the date and time, and also tried a different SMS app (Chomp), but have had no luck. With Chomp - the messages actually separated into two different conversations - i.e. my sent messages in one, those received from the number in another.

This is an annoying issue as I can't look back over a conversation history. Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks!

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome.. you can try Google messages ?
My work phone (Alcatel Joy 1 - Android 8.1.0) does not show both my sent AND received messages. It only shows one or the other, and seems to be based on what the last message was. I.e.: when I receive a text, I can see all their messages to me but not my replies. If I then reply, all I can see are my sent messages, and their messages to me disappear.

I had a look around and tried a few fixes myself but none have worked. I tried messing with the date and time, and also tried a different SMS app (Chomp), but have had no luck. With Chomp - the messages actually separated into two different conversations - i.e. my sent messages in one, those received from the number in another.

This is an annoying issue as I can't look back over a conversation history. Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks!

bevans89

Aug 20, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Yes! That's fixed it. I'm now using Google Messages at my standard app. Thanks so much.

I'm quite intrigued to see if anyone has any idea how/why this is happening, so if anyone does know, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts!

Thanks very much mustang7757. :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

Yes! That's fixed it. I'm now using Google Messages at my standard app. Thanks so much.

I'm quite intrigued to see if anyone has any idea how/why this is happening, so if anyone does know, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts!

Thanks very much mustang7757. :)
Very good , your welcome!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital