Can Samsung Galaxy S7 edge camera record/capture fingerprint through back or front camera?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Can Samsung Galaxy S7 edge camera record/capture fingerprint through back or front camera?

Because as per my think galaxy s7 edge camera can capture fingerprint when we put finger on camera or camera when capture our finger prints and it is not good for our security?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think that would be an extremely unlikely security scenario. There would have to be malware that can hijack the camera, then know when to take a picture (exactly when your fingerprint is right up against the camera). I wouldn't worry about it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In order to do what you're worried about, the camera would either have to be triggered by you placing your finger on the camera glass, or it would have to be constantly on and taking pictures. I don't think either is even possible. As I said before, I wouldn't worry about it.

Air Planet

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
Are you sure smartphone(Galaxy S7 Edge) front/back camera sensors can they capture our fingerprints(and can cause security issue) when we take snaps or videos or when we put fingers on cameras sensors?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure smartphone(Galaxy S7 Edge) front/back camera sensors can they capture our fingerprints(and can cause security issue) when we take snaps or videos or when we put fingers on cameras sensors?

Why do you keep asking? We've already answered, more than once. Is there a reason why you're so worried about this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broiscooking