Can Somebody Just Point me to a Nooky Froyo zip/img with google apps?

tino

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
OK I have been having a hack of time trying to get adb talk to the Nook.

Finding the Nook Color XP driver was a pain as it is due to the low content sites flooding google lately.

All I am trying to say is, adb is such an archaic way to install things. Please, for the love of god. I know its copy right/patent/law breaking/federal-pound-me-in-the-ass prison violation. They already have the google enabled honeycomb zip/img up on the stickie threads. Just for the love of god, point me to the rapidshare link.

I can use clockwork just fine. I can use clockwork with two hands tied behind my back. I just don't want to deal with adb anymore. That's all I am saying. Somebody, help a brother out please.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I feel your pain... I bought my first smartphone three months ago and my first computer about the same time. I wasn't about to try and root my $500 phone. So I got the nook to learn on. I figured with the sd card intall, I couldn't mess it up.

My problem is the same as yours I am just not able to grasp loading the google apps. The more I read, the more confused I become...

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
As for them not being included, if the guy who did Nookie doesn't want to get in trouble, that's his choice.

But once you download the apps and the SDK to use ADB, it's not that tough. Biggest hassle I had was getting the Nook USB driver. (The USB Driver can be found here.)

Then it's just a couple of lines in a DOS box.

For example, I installed the Android SDK in c:\Android SDK, so my tools directory is c:\androidsdk\tools. I extracted the Google apps to the System directory under this (c:\androidsdk\tools\system)

1. Open a DOS box / command prompt. If you don't know how to do this, well, open up the Run window and enter cmd.exe.

2. In this box, type (without the quotes) "cd \" and hit enter.

3. type "cd androidsdk\tools"

4. type "adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system" and hit enter.

5. type "adb push c:\androidsdk\tools\system system/" and hit enter

6. type "adb reboot" and hit enter.

Copy and paste the bits above to make sure you get it right.

After you're done, you can remove the microSD card, put it into your computer, and use Win32DiskImager to take an image of your Nook Color for yourself to use as a restore point, with the apps.

tino

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Why can't you flash the google app and then make a copy of the image? It's just a image like a ghost image. There is no serial number in it. 90% of the members in this subforum have access to it and nobody is willing to make a copy? Why?

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Customized Nookie Froyo

brianf21 over on xda seems to think the same thing. You can follow the link to an image than can be burned to an sd card then flashed through clockwork.

I used the full version, then applied patches for the two since the last update(He is currently on 0.6.8.2).

I flashed this one first: Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 Custom eMMC 1100 ghz OC, and then applied both patches. It's fairly simple, and I use a seperate sd card to run clockwork off of, and manage my backups and versions from.

I use one of these recovery images on my card (8g version for me).

You say you want Gingerbread, well look here. Keep in mind these are nightlies and you might not want to use these as one of your daily drivers.

You say you want Honeycomb, well look here.

EDIT -- The Customized Nookie Froyo has gapps pre-installed on that image, but as for the gingerbread or honeycomb, there is a zip you can flash through clockwork. Follow this guide for Honeycomb.

If you want the gapps for gingerbread, follow this link. That takes you where you can get the gapps, and see another rom based off of CM7 RC1.

I used these drivers and have not looked back, to get my computer talking to my nook better. -- EDIT

Last edited:
Reactions: dlcullen

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
simon.ponder;629749]brianf21 over on xda seems to think the same thing. You can follow the link to an image than can be burned to an sd card then flashed through clockwork.

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!! I have a Fasinate that I have rooted and installed the latest software, no problem! I have a nookcolor that I have updated w/the latest software, rooted, got the Froyo and Honeycomb to run on SD, got gapps on the HC... but no matter what I did the gapps would not install on the Froyo... so very frustrating. I have read every post on this forum 3 times trying to find a solution.

This is great, thanks again.

BTW I installed this, very simple. You just download file, unzip and burn the image to a SD, boot with SD and you have rooted Froyo w/gapps. CW is in the zip so you are only dealing with ONE file!!! Definitely worth a donation to the developer!

Last edited:

dlcullen

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
brianf21 over on xda seems to think the same thing. You can follow the link to an image than can be burned to an sd card then flashed through clockwork.

I used the full version, then applied patches for the two since the last update(He is currently on 0.6.8.2).

I flashed this one first: Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 Custom eMMC 1100 ghz OC, and then applied both patches. It's fairly simple, and I use a seperate sd card to run clockwork off of, and manage my backups and versions from.

I use one of these recovery images on my card (8g version for me).

Simon - I installed this on my nookcolor, worked beautifully EXCEPT no matter what I did market apps would not download. I followed instructions on how to fix that problem with no luck, reinstalled and tried again. Still no luck, I also had my nook lock in the "custom froyo" startup screen twice so that I had no choice but to boot again with the install SD. So it seems fairly unstable. This seemed like the perfect solution for a few minutes :-(

Is there a stable Froyo to memory that will allow for market apps installation? I could never get the adb to install the gapps from the thread to install to memory on this site either. ADB found my device, seemed to install but the market wasn't there!

At this point I'm thinking the only really stable system is the BN 1.1 update rooted!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfrostpierce