Can someone help me figure this one out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciaran Inglis

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
So after I got the A13 update on my pixel 6 my battery got fixed where it used to get stuck at 100% after it was fully charged and now it seems to be acting up. When it's fully charged to 100% it tells me it's at 100% and then after turning it on it'll drop to 99% or 98% without any use. Then when it gets to 5% or lower it'll go up in battery after its restarted so I'm confused why it's not charging properly

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
A Pixel 6 phone is still pretty new, if you still have warranty coverage you might just take your phone to looked into at a nearby service shop. While your problem could be a software issue that you'll eventually fix, if it's something like a bad battery than it's better to have a hardware repair done under warranty than not.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How fast is the battery dropping while the phone is idle? It's not unusual for the battery to drop from 100% to 99-98% relatively quickly. What's more important is how long the battery lasts throughout the day.

Also, avoid letting the battery discharge that deeply (i.e., down to the single digits). It's not good for the long-term health of the battery. On top of that, battery sensor software can sometimes be a little inaccurate when the battery gets that low, which might be why the battery seems to go up a bit after you restart it.

Ciaran Inglis

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
A Pixel 6 phone is still pretty new, if you still have warranty coverage you might just take your phone to looked into at a nearby service shop. While your problem could be a software issue that you'll eventually fix, if it's something like a bad battery than it's better to have a hardware repair done under warranty than not.

yeah its still under warranty but im going to have to pay to have it looked at and i dont really wanna have to do that have had plenty issues with it already but this is just annoying i have tried getting a replacement but nope they are mostly refurbished

Ciaran Inglis

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
How fast is the battery dropping while the phone is idle? It's not unusual for the battery to drop from 100% to 99-98% relatively quickly. What's more important is how long the battery lasts throughout the day.

Also, avoid letting the battery discharge that deeply (i.e., down to the single digits). It's not good for the long-term health of the battery. On top of that, battery sensor software can sometimes be a little inaccurate when the battery gets that low, which might be why the battery seems to go up a bit after you restart it.

its not idle. i charge the phone to 100% while it is completely powered off and then once it tells me its at 100% and i take it off, i turn it back on and it shows either 99% or lower. ive also noticed that while using the pixel stand it seems to go in and out of charging and for example its charging right now and it hit 77% and stopped for a bit so i turned it on to see what the issue was and upon turning it back off and putting it back on charge it told me the battery was at 81%. it seems to do this an awful lot with the pixel stand gen 2 but sometimes with the generic cable and 30w brick

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
It is not unusual for it decrease by 1 or 2% when powering the phone back on. It takes a bit of juice to power up. Is there a reason why you turn your phone off to charge it?

The pauses in charging could be due to a disconnect with the charger for some reason. You may want to clean your charging port on your phone with a toothpick. Be gentle when cleaning it. Sometimes lint & debris in the port can interfere with charging.

As B. Diddy asked; how long does your battery last after it is charged & on? Do you seem to get a fair amount of use before it gets down to 15%? And like B. Diddy said, don't let your phone get below 15%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza